Chapter 20

I woke up and got into the shower washing off the remains of my makeup and all the dried tears on my face.

I get out and changed my clothes. I feel dead inside.

I walk out of the room, I was first one up, I walk to the kitchen and put some bread in the toaster.

I hear a knock at the door and I open it, it reveiled a tall man with brown hair, he was older though because there was speckles of grey inside. He wore a police suit and he had blue eyes.

"Hi, are you Zoey Holland?" He spoke.

"Uhh, yeah?"

"I'm the officer that helped you to the hospital with Ash-" stupid fucking Ash, "I was just wanting to check up on you, you okay?"

"I'm fine" I smile at him.

"That's good, do you have any actual home with like a relative or anything to live in?"

"No, I'm just staying at my friends house, her parents understand."

"Why don't I contact and relative or something," he pulls out his phone.

"You can't!"

"Why not?" His eye brows drew together.

"I'm in a certain situation where it's either life or death if you contact my other family."

"How so?"

I explain briefly what my problem was and he understood.

"I can contact a safe family for you, and you can go live with them?"

"Do I have to?"

"Yeah, it's kind of mandatory," he looks at me.

I sigh, "then let's do it."

"Great! I'll get in contact with you when we find one for you," he smiles, "have a great day miss Holland."

"You to officer."

I close the door and turn around to see Ash in the kitchen. The freaking ease dropper.

"So your leaving.."

I sigh, "Yeah."

"Where to?"

"I don't know yet, but it's not going to be around here," I don't make eye contact with him.

"Listen Addy, I'm sorry, I really am."

I shake my head at Ash, "it's to late to apologise Ash. I'm already leaving."

"Addy, it's never to late to apologise, especially if you messed up with someone you love."

"Ash I hold you close to my heart, you've been in my life for a long time. But I don't think I can go back to the way things were before everything happened."

"And that's okay, I just want you to know that I'm sorry, and that I still like and care about you."

"I know Ash," I look down at my feet.

I know I love him. But I can't say it no more. Not to his face.

********

I was on my way to the airplane, I got a hug from Brandon, Catherine, Cats parents and Ash was the last to get a hug.

"Addison King, I love you," Ash wraps his arms around me tightly, "and you win the game. I will quit smoking and drinking."

"And your player ways," I chuckle.

"And that too."

I start laughing, Ash always knew how to make things better.

I wave to them all, Catherine was crying like no tomorrow and Brandon was holding her, Sarah and her husband wove to me with faint smiles on their faces.

Ash did the same as a tear rolled down his cheek.

I didn't want to go.

I never experienced a home. But these people were my home, they were my family. And I love them all so much.

I get onto my plane and sit down in my seat.

I got a text from Ash, Weirdo's Brother: I'll miss you Z.

I smile at my phone and text back, Me: I'll try to visit ❤️ I'll miss you all.

And with that I turn off my phone.
********

I get to land, I didn't know how much I loved land until now. I love land. I was walking around the airport with my bags in hand when I finally see a board with my new name on it.

Ashley Quintin.

My new name reminded me of home. Reminded me of the people I love.

My family.
************

That's the end :'(
There is a another book coming up, don't worry.
Hey at least Ash and Zoey/Addison/Ashley didn't leave things in a bad way.
Did you guys expect her to win?
Or Ash?

Last sign off of this book! Peace! ✌️

~NC

My Best Friends Hot Brotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें