Chapter 9

His nice green eyes stared into my blue ones, he was close to me, he stood between my legs each of his hands set down on my thighs. Damn him for being perfect.

"I don't," he whispered again after I said again that he did. I wanted to so badly just grab his perfectly crafted chin and kiss him like there's no tomorrow.

But I couldn't. Because I'm best friends with his sister, and he's a player, he'd lead me on like a puppy with bacon, then leave me on the side of the road with nothing left to live for.

And that's when my dreams came true.

As time seemed to slow down, Asher Jett lifts his hand to my cheek ever so slowly and delicately as if I could break in a million little pieces, moves his head closer to mine and kisses my lips with passion.

How I had longed for his lips to be on mine, how long have I missed these feelings for him? I can't push these feelings back no more.

And that's when I moved my hands to the back of his neck and move him in twoards me more, there was no space left between us. He moved his hands to around my butt and picked me up in his arms.

He moves to the living room and lays me down on the couch, him on top. One of my hands stray from around his neck to around the shoulder.

He had so much muscle. When did he get all of it?

As we kissed more I felt like the whole world had left my shoulders and like I was walking on air. I felt drawn to him more, I felt tingles run through my body.

His hand went to my hip, and that's when he pulled away.

I missed his lips on mine when he pulled away.

"I can't do this," he said.

"Do what? Is it it me?"

"I mean, I can't do this to you," he looks away.

"What do you mean Ash?"

"I'm bad news Zoey, that's all I ever will be, I'll just end up hurting you. And I can't do that."

"What are you talking about Ash?"

"I mean, your my sister's best friend, you've known me since 6th grade and you've seen everything I've been through. So you know I do nothing but toy with girls hearts, a-and I don't want to do that to you," he gets up off of the couch and walks away.

What the hell is going on with this boy?

The door bell rings and I stand up to get the door when Ash runs into the room and got the door, money in his hands.

He opens the door and grabs the pizza from the man and gives him money telling him to keep the tip. He closes the door after thanking the man and looks at me, "we got pizza!"

He walks into the kitchen and I follow him, he takes out two plates out and puts two slices of pizza on both. Awe he remembered that I love extra cheese. We acted as if nothing happened. But something did happen.

He hands me a plate, "so what do you want to do? Since I'm obligated to keep you entertained."

"Well you don't have to, it's just nice," I chuckle, "I don't know, sit down and talk?"

"Yeah, that sounds good with me," he walks into the living room and sits down on the couch, I sit down on the other side.

I start to pick off the melted cheese off my pizza and eating it. I eat pizza weirdly alright? I start with each individual topping, example: if pepperoni and sausage we're on the pizza, I'd eat all of the pepperoni slices first before eating the sausage. I'd then lick off the tomato sauce off the pizza with my finger, rip off the crust eat the rest of the pizza, then eat the crust after unrolling it.

I'm weird, okay?

Ash looks at me and chuckles, "do you remember when it was your 14th birthday and I accidentally shoved my cake in your face?"

I start laughing, "then I shoved my cake in your face because I thought you meant to."

He starts laughing along with me, "yeah that year."

I start whipping my eyes from tears escaping, "what about the year where I made you join the schools play in 6th grade with me because Catherine didn't want to join."

He rolls his eyes chuckling, "more like she didn't want to be one of the princesses in princess and the pea so she dumped her role on me."

I start laughing harder, "I loved seeing you with the dress, makeup and wig on. It was phenomenal"

He chuckles, "what about when you brought your skateboard to school one day to show off and you ended up twisting your ankle on the day of the Terry Fox walk" he starts laughing harder.

I start crying because I'm laughing so hard, "and you brought me frozen ketchup because they didn't have any icepacks."

He starts laughing, "then Catherine wanted to participate in the walk so she left and I had to carry you into one of the classrooms and stay with you."

"And all we did was talk and mess around with the white board! Do you remember the picture I drew of you!?"

He starts laughing, "I actually have it still somewheres up in my room."

I start laughing, "no way!"

He chuckles, "ahh the good old days, honestly I miss them."

I sigh, "they were the best days of our lives weren't they?"

He chuckles, "yeah, do you remember when you were so drunk you were trying to sell me for McDonald's?" He chuckles.

"They wouldn't accept you as payment and I was starving! I needed to eat!" I say in defence while laughing.

He chuckles, "I had to pay for your meal instead, even tho you were yelling at the clerk for not accepting me."

"Then I got banned for a year," I sigh whipping my eyes again.

I loved those days.

The night went on with us talking about our old memories laughing along. It was nice seeing Ash like this and not his old grumpy self.
*********

Do you ship em?
Thought I'd make a little "them" scene.
Btw, the part when their talking about the frozen ketchup and the twisted ankle thing.
Yeah thats a true story that happened to me on the day of the Terry Fox Walk. 😂

~NC