Chapter 13

I was all alone in the house now. Three bags in Catherine's room, her mother hopefully coming home at some point today.

So I set down my bags on Catherine's bed and walked outside to the basketball court. I had nothing better to do, not to mention, I still had a concussion.

So I bounced the basketball on the pavement and shot it into the hoops until I seen a car pull in. Which I assume was two hours after I came outside to play basketball. It wasn't Ash, or Catherine. But their mother, just as I thought.

I put the basketball away and walk twoards the car to their mother smiling.

"Oh hey there Zoe, do you think you could help me with these?" Sarah opens the driver's side door handing me bags full of groceries. She then grabs some bags herself and closes the door.

Sarah ultimately looked like a really strick women, but she was really, really nice.

Sarah has long arched brows, beautiful long red hair, now every once in a while a white strand of hair shawn brightly in the sun. She also had hazel eyes, she was tall and slender. She wore clothes that are fancy. Her face was now covered in years of wrinkles though, but she was beautiful in her younger years- even now she could probably be a model.

Once we get inside and set all the bags in the table, I explain everything that has happened that she's missed.

"Okay, well since all of this is happening you can have the guest bedroom as your own!" Sarah smiles. I loved seeing Sarah smile, it was so sweet.

I never even knew there was a guest bedroom, but I guess there is?

Sarah starts walking up the stairs and I follow behind her, she walks up to the very top floor and down the hall, their has always been two doors in the hall of Ash's but I never expected one of them to be a guest room.

Yay...

Sarah opens the door to the guest room, the guest room was a whole lot more nicer then my room back at home honestly.

Usually when I stay here I sleep in the same bed as Catherine- not Ash... Don't play this game on me.

The guest room had tanned walls and dark wooden flooring, there was a painting of flowers in a flower pot hanging on the wall, there was a queen size bed in the room with wooden furniture around it. Such as a night stand a small table for the TV and other stuff for TV's, and a couple dressers. There was also two closed doors and when I opened them up it reveiled a nice walk in closet.

I gasped in joy and Sarah laughs, "okay dear, wanna help me with your bags? There not going to unpack themselves."

I laugh and walk downstairs with her grabbing my bags and walking up the stairs to my room.

Sarah helps me unpack making me feel welcome and not alone in the situation I was in.
*****

"You know Zoey, I understand what your going through 100%" Sarah says.

"How so?" I ask.

"I was abused as a kid from my step parents. I'd go to school with bruises, cuts, and slashes."

"How did you get away from it?"

"Same thing you did, go to a trusted friends house for a long time, and you wanna know a secret?" She says.

"What's that?"

"I married my friend that saved me." I became quiet. I swear to God if I end up with Asher Jett.

"I'm not trying to get you with my son, but I do have to say you two really do have some sort of chemistry. He kind of is different around you. It's nice," Sarah says while folding my pants and tucking them into a drawer.

Oh.

I stayed quiet longer, "I'm so sorry! I made things awkward! I do that often, I just don't usually get 'girl time' if this is even the definition of 'girl time,'" she chuckles, "oh how I wish I was your age again," she sighs.

I chuckle a little and kept folding my clothes.
*********

Somehow the night went off as me ushering Sarah out the door for her to have a "girls day" with a couple of her girl coworkers.

And then I was alone again. I sat on the couch thinking, of what? The summer.

All the summer nights of hearing the crickets and seeing the fireflies.

And breaking into a mall to fool around.

I didn't  tell you anything.

And that's when I hear a knock at the door, I look out the window and see Ash standing there in bad condition.

What the hell did this boy do?!

I quickly open the door and he walks inside closing the door with his foot.

And that's when he almost falls into his face, I catch him, his head laying on my shoulder.

"Okay, Ash help me here bud," I lift him up a little, struggling. He lifts half if his weight while I lift the other, I lay him down onto the couch and go grab the first aid stuff.

What this boy would have done if I wasn't here, I don't know?
*******

What do you think Ash did to get into this bad of shape?
What do you think if Cat and Ash's mom Sarah?

~NC