18- Scared

~1 WEEK LATER~

I got up for school as usual, everything was normal except for the constant Pounding in my head. I had a major headache, I was a bit dizzy and I had really short breathes. I shook it off and quickly went to the kitchen and drank some ice cold water.

When I walked back upstairs I was debating on whether or not to stay at home or continue getting ready for school. I decided just to go to school; I bit into an apple once I was fully ready and my stomach started to act up. I rubbed my stomach so I could feel better, after that I grabbed my shoes and sat down to put them on.

Thank goodness there was only one week left of school, I could finally have a good time over the summer. Once my shoes were on I grabbed my phone, bag and locked my front door and started to walk to school.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"I feel so sick..." I said complaining to Marielle and Alexis at the lunch table.

"Aw, do you know what's wrong?" Alexis asked looking concerned.

"I feel really dizzy and I have really bad cramps." I explained.

"It's probably just your period coming." Marielle said relieved.

I thought about what she said and questioned it... I was a week late. I missed my period; the only answer would be because I am pregnant. A rush of worry covered my face and the girls looked concerned. I didn't know what to say... I opened my mouth but nothing came out. What if I am pregnant? But I can't be, we are irresponsible... it was in the heat of the moment. I really don't remember if we used a condom or not.

"Guys..." I started to say looking down at my feet and I started to breathe heavily. "...what if I'm pregnant?" I whispered as my voice cracked a bit because of how scared I was that this could actually be happening.

"Holy shit Justine. TELL MATT RIGHT NOW!" Alexis shouted at me as I slumped down in my chair starting to cry.

"Shush Alexis... you're making her feel like shit..." Marielle said rubbing my back. "But Justine, didn't I say that this could have happened when you told me that you guys had sex. You need to be sure that you are, but you really need to tell Matt that this could be a possibility. Just leave school right now and go run to the store or something. We will cover for you... right Alexis?" Marielle said and Alexis nodded.

"I'm scared guys, Matt's going to leave me. I'm going to have no one. Wow sixteen and pregnant sounds so awesome right now when I should be focusing on school. What will my parents think? Oh yeah they are never home, but they come home every six months. How supportive are they honestly, they probably have another stupid ass family and they just left me on my own." I said starting to cry.

"STOP, JUSTINE! You have us, Matt won't leave you. You guys love each other way too much. He will be there for you." Alexis said hugging me tightly.

"And so what if your parents aren't always there for you, my parents love you. They will understand when I tell them the situation. You can stay at my place whenever you want... I'm not leaving you by yourself in your empty house. Okay?" Marielle said looking at me. I nodded my head.

I started to feel really sick, like I was going to throw up. I quickly left the table and ran towards the washrooms holding my mouth. Once I got in I ran into a stall and let it out. Ugh, gross... I hate throwing up. If I really am going to have a baby I guess I have to get use to it.

I heard the washroom doors open and the voices of Alexis and Marielle filled my ears. They walked into the stall to me crying against the wall.

"Aw... Justine, it's okay." Marielle said helping me up. "Let's go to the store right now, I don't care about school you're more important. Alexis you better cover for both of us." Marielle said helped me grab my bag.

"Yeah of course, Justine I hope you feel better. Make sure you call me right when you find out. I'll come over later okay? Good luck." Alexis said hugging me and walking off.

-

-

-

-

-

Marielle left me at her house while she went and bought a test. I was scared to death, thinking about the consequences of this actually happening is hitting me hard.

I picked up my phone debating on wether or not to call Matt. I dialled his number and was about to press call when Marielle walked in with a grocery bag. She grabbed my hand and pushed me into her washroom with the bag on the ground.

"Just follow the directions." She said through the door. "Okay..." I whispered,

-

-

-

-

-

-

I opened the door and waited, leaving the test on the bathroom sink. I walked out and laid on her bed.

"Okay are you gonna go check on it or should I?" Marielle asked me and I just waved her off towards the bathroom.

I already figured that I was pregnant but I was scared of it actually being true, I was scared of the validation of having a baby.

I could hear her footsteps walk back towards me.

"Justine..."