2- I Guess Not

It was the day of the home game. I decided to car pool with Ryan instead of bringing my car since there will probably be no parking. I grabbed my keys and my phone and told my Mom I was leaving.

It was a fairly warm Friday night, perfect weather for the game. I started walking towards Ryan's, his house is 15 minutes away. It's going to take sometime.

When I got to his house Johnny opened the door and let me in. "LETS GOO!" I shouted at them. "Okay..okay..shush." Ryan said as he walked around the corner with his car keys. We got into his car and he started his car up and pulled out of the drive way.

"You know, you and Matt would look good together." Johnny said and winked.

"I don't like him like that guys. Well I don't think so. And plus even if I did, he has Maria..." I explained

"No, Matt likes you. I know instantly when he's around you his whole personality brightens up." Ryan explained.

"How could you possibly know. But it's all good guys, he has Maria. And I don't want to leave you guys, y'all are my faves!" I said excitedly.

"Yeah yeah what ever you say Justine, I'm going to get you two together." Johnny said "are you with me Ryan?"
"No shit" Ryan said and Johnny scoffed at him.

-

-

-

-

When we got to the field, Johnny, Ryan and I stood beside each other. They said later that they were going to go find their other friends. "Fine y'all can leave me." I said. "You sure?" They asked and I nodded and shooed them away.

I wonder if Alexis or Marielle are at the game. I texted Marielle.

"Are you at the game, I'm standing alone and I wanted to watch not stand here like an awkward weirdo." I sent to her.

"Yup, I'm at the concession stand. Come to me and we can stand together." Marielle replied back to me.

I walked up to the concession and a hand rested on my shoulder and swung me around. "Hola, let's go find an open place" Marielle said and we walked back to where I was before.

-

-

-

-

Halfway into the game, Matt injured his shoulder and he wasn't getting up. I was actually really scared. He's usually fine but his face shows complete pain.

I rushed down to the field. Matt was taken off the field and he was rushed into the change rooms. I followed him and the paramedics in the change room.

As I was about to open the door, someone stood in front of me and slammed the door shut... It was Maria.

"Hey bitch, what do you think you're doing." She asked me.

"Can you not right now, Matthews hurt and I need to get inside." I explained and she laughed at me.

"You know what Justine... I'm fed up with you and Matts friendship. I told you to back off of him, but you never listen do you?" as she said this she grabbed my wrist and squeezed tight and twisted it.

I winced in pain, she was actually hurting my right wrist. I tried pushing her back and grabbing her hand off of mine but all she did was squeeze harder.

"STOP"

"Oh look, you're such a baby Justine." She said and used her other hand and scratch my forearm.. The same arm where she was twisting my wrist.

"Stay away from Matt, he's mine." Maria said.

I tried kicking her legs but all she did was scratch her nails in deeper into my skin. This hurt like hell, there were bloody marks on my arm and bruises were forming on my wrist.

"OKAY ILL STAY AWAY FROM HIM." I screamed at her.

She smiled, she also laughed and twisted my wrist even more than before. She let go of my wrist and was about to open the change room door.

"If I ever see you with him again, you're done. I'm serious." She was starting in my eyes.

"Okay" I whispered and I ran to go find Ryan. I needed to get home. I was holding in my tears, I don't want them to think something up. I took my sweater off and draped it on my right arm, hiding the bruises and scratched.

I was breathing heavily and I sprinted towards Johnny and Ryan.

"Can you take me home..right now please" I said to them really fast.

"Fine.. Is Matt okay? Did you check on him.

"I don't know. Can we just go" I raised my voice.

-

-

-

Ryan finally got to my house and dropped me off. I thanked him and ran into my house and sprinted towards the freezer to grab an ice pack. I rushed into my bathroom and got some painkillers and drank some water.

I was still breathing heavily and my wrist was throbbing. I laid on my bed and shut the door and turned the light off.

I laid silently, my breathing started to change patterns and tears started flowing out. I was choking on my tears and they wouldn't stop.