Chapter 2

Andrea and I drove to OUR house, of course I haven't seen it yet.. But I was going to be living there.

We drove up a driveway to a house which was bigger than I expected, "ready?" Andrea said giving me a toothy smile. "Ready" I smiled back, she helped me grab my things and she unlocked the door of the house. The smell of KFC hit me as the door opened, the house was big on the inside as well. It had a big window in the kitchen, I'm guessing it was beside we had a great view of the sunset/sunrise. The inside of the house was a light nude color. And pretty furniture was placed everywhere, in the living room, kitchen, etc.

I dropped my things to the floor and 3 girls came running towards me, followed by Andrea of course.

"ALTHEA!!" They yelled, as they embraced me into a welcome hug,

Mae was wearing her volleyball uniform so I'm guessing she had practice soon, she still looked the same. The same wide smile, the same loudness. I've missed that, it's quiet back home. My mom and dad fight more sadly.. I guess they're starting to lose that spark they once had.

I shook my head to get back in the present, back home didn't matter anymore.. This was my life now.

Maria still looked the same, as well as Jen. Maria and Jeff were still together, Hayes told me a long time ago Jeff pursued a career still as a football player, I haven't talked to Jeff in a while though.

"We've missed you" jen said,
"Thanks. I've missed the smell of KFC" I sarcastically said,

It felt like home already.

We all laughed,
"Just wanted it to feel like we were 13 years old again" Jen replied,
A wave of memories hit me but I knew I shouldn't let them get to me. It was past. Past is past.

As Jen, Maria and Anna devoured the KFC chicken, Andrea showed me where my room was going to be. Mae had left to go to volleyball practice and would be back later tonight.

We went up the stairs and Andrea pulled me into a long hallway which had 7 doors. 6 bedrooms and a bathroom. I could already imagine the fight to use the bathroom each morning.

"And here's your room" Andrea said as she opened a white door to my room. The room was painted red and had a bed and a night stand already, it had a big window as well.

"Wow.." I said, picturing waking up to this every single morning
"Yeah.. It's nice up here, especially in the mornings" Andrea said as she stood at the door.
I looked around the room more. Examining every single thing about it,

"I'll leave you to unpack and settle in okay?"
"Okay"
"AND HURRY UP BEFORE WE FINISH ALL THE CHICKEN" Andrea said as she was now closing the door behind her.

Home sweet home.

I laughed.

I unpacked my things, still examining the room at the same time. Id decorate the room some more these next few days once I get settled, I just needed to let this whole experience settle in for now.

So I unpacked my things, lay down on my bed for a minute to Recover from my slight jet lag and fatigue, and then afterwards I went downstairs to join everybody