~Chapter 28~Morning~

~Elizabeth's Pov~ 

I was waking up to feel an arm around me, my body on something warm. My eyes opened to see myself snuggled up to Meliodas in bed. That was when I noticed we were both naked and what we did the other day. My face was burning up in seconds. Merlin and Diane were going to kill him. Mostly Merlin. I noticed some scars around his chest as I didn't move. My hand was on his chest already while my head was on his shoulder. I was comfortable. Really comfortable. Merlin was going to kill the both of us.

Meliodas moved his head slightly toward me, using his arm to pull me closer to him. He was still sound asleep. A smile growing on my face as I heard Ban and King shouting at each other outside. Once and awhile I was soon able to hear Elaine trying to break up their argument. I wasn't sure on what they were shouting and arguing about. I had a feeling it was about Elaine though. King was her older brother while Ban was her lover. That was going to cause many arguments in the future but it would make everything slightly more relaxing. 

With the Demon Clan after us, the fact we had to leave instead of saving Liones, fights everywhere we turned. We needed something to lessen the stress. My eyes were closing slowly as I was just enjoying the moment. "Elizabeth" I heard Hawk's voice at the door while hearing knocking. Bad timing Hawk. My eyes opened as Meliodas's grip around me tightened. It wasn't hurting me, it made me feel safer. The door to the room opened as I sweat-dropped getting ready for what was to come. 

That was when we heard a smash on the ground nearby as Meliodas was sitting up fast, his arm that was around me was now over me in a protective way. I only pulled the covered up slightly to fully hide myself as I saw Merlin had dropped a plate of food. "Crap" Meliodas whispered as Merlin shouted 'captain' in utter rage. Aldan showing up next to her, glowing red. Hawk looked scared himself moving backwards and out the room. Meliodas only sighed. "Merlin we are married" Meliodas reminded as Merlin was glaring daggers at him.

"CAPTAIN SHE IS STILL GAINING MEMORIES BACK!" Merlin shouted as Meliodas wasn't backing down like before. He only sighed once more, shaking his head. My face was burning up badly. "Merlin we are married and she could've stopped me anytime she wanted, I didn't force it on her. I wouldn't do that to my wife, again MY WIFE" Meliodas then spoke as Merlin looked more annoyed as Hawk shouted 'you are dead' from the hallway. I sat up, holding the cover of the bed over me still. Well, my part of the cover.

Meliodas had his side covering his lower part of his body. "M-Merlin it's alright" I spoke in a whisper, my face felt more flushed than before. Merlin was still glaring at Meliodas who only turned his head to smile at me. "Merlin you guys alright up there?" we heard Diane near shout, sounding at the bottom of the stairs. I only smiled slightly as Merlin gave out an annoyed 'tisk'. She was protective as always. "He does anything out of order you tell me Elizabeth" Merlin then spoke, leaving the room. 

She shut the door as we heard her heading down the stairs. Meliodas's smile turned into a smirk as he pulled me onto his lap. The covering being dropped. I was in shock but ended up laughing slightly. "Much better" he whispered, his hands on my waist as my hands went onto his chest. He moved his head to my neck, kissing it. I felt my heart beating faster as he did so. "I thought Merlin was about to kill you" I spoke as he moved his head back smiling at me. He moved one of his hands, playing with a strand of my hair. 

"She could try but fail" he replied as I held back a small laugh. We soon heard horses outside the tavern as Meliodas sighed slightly. "Why don't you have a bath, I know how much you loved them" he soon spoke as I just moved on my own, pulling him into a kiss. Meliodas kissed back right away as I felt myself be pulled even closer to him. I moved one of my hands up from his chest onto his shoulder. Meliodas pulled away as both of us were breathing heavy, our faces still so close to each other. 

Both of us were smiling as Meliodas moved the hand that was playing with my hair onto my cheek. "If Merlin wasn't timing me right now, I would be joining you in that bath" he whispered with a chuckle afterwards. I was confused slightly as Meliodas kissed my cheek. He reminded me where the bathroom on this floor was in a whisper. "Try not fighting with Merlin" I whispered as he only smiled, even more, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. My own smile growing afterwards. "I won't" He replied as I moved off him. 

My legs were hurting nearly making me fall forwards until Meliodas was behind me, catching me in a blink of an eye. "Maybe I was a tad too rough last night" he chuckled as my face was burning up once more. I felt him move his head into my neck. I felt him plant a kiss on my neck before he pulled his head back. "The pain should leave while in the bath" he soon informed me as I only nodded. My face was burning like crazy. Meliodas helped me with getting clothes then getting into the bathroom before he left to get changed and check on the others.

I was wondering. How were Margaret and Veronica doing? They helped us out and I was scared they got hurt and punished for it.