~Chapter 13~Question~

~Elizabeth's Pov~ 

The night went on with me getting along with Ban. He offering to teach me how to cook. He was shocked when I answered back. He didn't seem to mind it being in a whisper also. It wasn't long for Escanor to join our talks offering to also help to teach me. I learnt that only Escanor, Ban, Merlin and King were the only ones who could cook out of all the Sins. It did shock me at first but I knew being with them. Sooner or later things would stop shocking me. Sooner or later I would become used to the idea of talking to everyone more.

I struggled with replying but they didn't mind. King would tell me to take my time and remind Ban every so often not to push me. It always made me hold back a laugh. I wasn't sure when it all ended that night. I ended up sitting with Meliodas talking. I knew how to handle injuries, poison and near death problems. It was thanks to the elder knight that came to deliver my food. He would bring books for me to learn at times. That was the last thing I knew honestly. When I was waking up I felt myself being pulled backwards.

My back hitting something warm. I was half asleep as I turned my head to see Meliodas asleep, his arm around me, holding me close to him. It woke me up fully in a second, my face burning up along with it. My heart was racing the only thing I could hear was it beating louder and louder in my chest. Then my head started to hurt. I closed my eyes as I wasn't sure what happened. It was as if I was watching someone who looked like me laying in bed with Meliodas. Both laughing and talking. Both of us laying like this.

My eyes shot open as I was trying not to breath heavy and wake him up. W-what was that even? I had to ask Merlin. This feeling was getting too much. The feeling of once knowing Meliodas and her. I had to ask her but I wasn't sure on how to move. I wanted to go ask right away but yet I was comfortable. I heard the door opening as Diane came through her eyes widening. I mouthed 'help' to her as she saw. "CAPTAIN!" she screamed as loud as she could as we heard running from the floors above and below. 

Meliodas jumped up away as I slowly sat up. My face feeling flushed as hell. "YOU SAID YOU WAS JUST PUTTING HER TO BED NOT DAMN WELL SLEEPING IN THERE WITH HER!" Diane soon screamed in rage as Meliodas sweat dropped seeing her march over. Merlin came into the room looking upset as well. "How about we take the Captain outside real fast" she spoke as I noticed behind her there were King and Ban. Both looked very pale hearing Merlin's words. Gowther soon informed Merlin we already were already halfway to the next town.

"How about we all calm down?" Meliodas asked as Diane was in front of him, glaring right at him. I myself believed she was about to kill him. Merlin walked over to me, grabbing my wrist as she pulled me from the bed, heading out the room. Merlin was calming herself down as she took us to her room. I wasn' sure if this was the best time to ask. I wasn't ever going to be sure unless I did so. "Merlin" I whispered getting her to look at me. I wasn't sure on how to ask. I wasn't sure on what the answer was going to be. 

I wasn't even sure if my feelings meant anything. "Have I ever met you and Meliodas before?" I soon asked as she froze in place. Her eyes widening slightly. She was silent. Her face truly gave an answer. 'Yes'. It was clear to see that was what the answer was. That my feelings really were right and meant something. "This morning. I closed my eyes to see something that I cannot remember but yet felt so happy seeing it" I soon explained as Merlin's eyes were starting to water. She soon walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"You have. You have Elizabeth" Merlin whispered as I was frozen in shock myself. I knew that was the answer but I didn't think she would say it like that. A single question and its simple answer lead me to many more. I had so many things to ask. I wanted to know everything. Merlin soon pulled away from the hug. "Elizabeth, there is a way to help you get those memories back but many of them are painful" Merlin soon spoke as I wasn't backing down. This had been what I wanted for so long.

Memories. An idea of who I was. "I need to know Merlin" I answered back in a whisper as she nodded asking for my hand. I went to offer it to her until the ground was shaking. Merlin was rushing to the window of her room as was trying to keep balance. "It's the Demon Clan" Merlin spoke in worry. Demon Clan. What would they be doing here? They weren't allowed to be here without permission from the King. "Elizabeth we can't let them see you" Merlin spoke as I was confused like normal. I asked what she meant.

"They are after the Captain. The only weakness he ever has had is you Elizabeth. If they got their hands on you, the Captain would surrender himself to save you" Merlin soon explained ordering me to stay in her room before rushing out. I soon was scared and worried. His weakness. My hand moved to the necklace around my neck. The way my body has been acting, the reason he been by my side so much.....was we lovers? This made me question my past more. Made me want to learn it more.

I moved to the window Merlin looked outside before. There was a set of ten people outside. Merlin and the others standing not far away from them. My eyes landed on one of the ten unknowns. The man from that dream. It really was him. His head moved up looking right at me. I stepped back. There was no chance he saw me. It wasn't possible. I wanted to help the others but I didn't know how. I was nothing but a weakness. "Elizabeth" I heard Hawk's voice as I turned my head to see him rushing into Merlin's room.

"Hawk" I whispered as he looked at me with relief on his face. They all cared about me so much and yet all I was.....I was just some weakness. My question was answered but now I just had a bad feeling.