~Chapter 9~Confused~

~Elizabeth's Pov~ 

I woke up, sitting up fast from the strange dream in my head. I was breathing heavy slightly as my head was starting to hurt also. All I could think was of what I saw in my dream. A man. A man who had a great resemblance to Meliodas if he was older looking in many ways. I was sitting there wondering if he was. He was very tall and muscular, wearing a brown long coat with golden gauntlets and boots. He had very light silver hair and noticeable facial stubble. He had a strange unknown mark above his left eye.

I was confused. I had mix feelings about the person. Safety but yet fear for my own life. Happiness but yet rage and sadness. Everything inside me was shaken. I sat there holding my head, trying to make sense of my own mind. It wasn't long until I heard knocking on my room door. I was still in confusion and shock. Just the image of an unknown was able to do this. Did I know them? It had to of been the reason. This made me question my past like used to do. Just a dream started me off as if I was locked away once more.

"Elizabeth are you alright?" I heard Diane's voice as I heard the door opening. "F-fine" I lied in a whisper turning my head to see Diane wearing the Boar Hat uniform looking at me worried. She was holding a silver tray with food and a glass of water sitting on it. She was rushing over to my side putting the tray on the side. "What happened?" she asked fast sitting on the bed next to me. I still wasn't used to people caring about me so much. Then again I wasn't sure if I ever was. "N-nothing" I whispered looking away from Diane. 

I didn't want to trouble her over a stupid dream. I moved my hands from my head to my land. I was able to hear Diane whisper my name worried. "Bad dreams are normal for people who were treated like us you know. Bad dreams about a past we don't remember" Diane soon spoke making me turn my head fast to look at her. She was giving me a friendly smile. Her face showed that her words were fact. "I once lost my memories of certain things but Gowther helped returned them. You can't tell anyone though" Diane whispered to me with a wink.

I only nodded as she put her hand on my shoulder. "I used to get memories through dreams. It was the way I found I had some missing. There will be so many different emotions at once it will be so confusing but it's a sign that you can remember" Diane soon explained as she stood up still holding her friendly smile. She was so kind toward me. I wasn't sure on how to thank her for that kindness. I wasn't used to people being talkative toward me in the first place. This was all confusing.

"Now eat up, Merlin is waiting for you to start lessons" Diane spoke getting on her feet as I only nodded. Soon as Diane left I took a deep breath before eating the food she brought in. I wasn't going to lie, it tasted amazing. Then again I was used to scraps and things from the monthly box of food. After eating I changed into a white shirt with black bottoms that Diane gave me the other night. They were an amazing fit. I really had to find a way to thank everyone. I headed out my room and to Merlin's room.

Once in there I was dragged into lesson right away by her and Gowther. We spent nearly the whole day talking about the four clans, royal families, different races, different creatures and much more. It was a lot to take in but from what Gowther was saying, I was doing well. I wasn't sure how. Merlin was showing me a map of Britannia. She was teaching parts of the territories of each clan, testing with what she taught me earlier. "Captain is incoming" Gowther soon spoke reading a book as Merlin stopped talking looking toward the door.

My eyes stayed on the map looking at it carefully. "Captain" Merlin soon spoke as I heard Meliodas reply with a 'yo'. Merlin then informed me I had the rest of the day off for doing so well getting me to finally look away from the map and at her. I noticed Gowther looking at her with confusion on his face. From what I already heard this morning was that Merlin treated me different from everyone. Even her own student King Arthur of Camelot had it hard going in lessons. Myself was being treated a lot easier. 

That confused me slightly. "Captain, how is business going downstairs?" Merlin soon asked as I noticed that Gowther was watching Merlin carefully. Just how I was looking at the map. There was far too much I didn't know about everyone. "Captain, have you and Merlin thought of teaching Elizabeth a way to protect herself?" Gowther soon asked Meliodas and Merlin both looked toward him fast with glares. He soon closed his eyes smirking. His question was to test them. I wasn't sure fully on what.

"She is safe enough with us around" Meliodas soon answered walking over offering me his hand. Everyone was so confusing. Merlin walked over to Gowther who only was saying 'it was worth it'. I needed to learn more social skills and understanding. I took Meliodas's hand as he smiled taking me out the room. "I'm taking you to the market. This town is known best for it" he soon informed me as I only nodded. Once downstairs I saw Diane serving drinks with many men watching her, most of them looking drunk.

That was when I saw King behind the bar with Escanor looking really upset and angry. "No getting blood over the curtains King!" Meliodas nearly shouted taking me out of the tavern. I was looking around the town in wonder as Meliodas took me around. He would joke about things as well as take me to all different kinds of places in the town. This town was huge. There were market stalls everywhere. All different types of people selling all different types of things. Meliodas and I were out and about until the sky was turning into a mix of orange and pink.

"Sunset already huh?" Meliodas asked as we were standing in the giant marketplace. My eyes soon landed on a necklace on one of the stalls. It was a golden set of what looked like Goddess wings on a silver chain. I wasn't sure why out of everything on the stall that was the thing to catch my eye but it was beautiful. "We'll take that one please" I heard Meliodas speak to the stall owner as I looked at him fast in shock. I gave a confused look as he smiled toward me. "You liked it didn't you?" he only asked as my face was starting to feel warm.

I was confused like normal. I had never acted this way before. "Good choice" the stall owner spoke as Meliodas paid a silver coin for the necklace I was staring at before. He soon took me out of the crowded market as he was putting the necklace on me. "Y-you didn't have to buy me it" I only spoke my face still feeling all heated up. I didn't even notice that I stuttered at first. Meliodas moved in front of me, smiling toward me. Still holding the smile he always had on him. "I say it suits you" he spoke as he grabbed my hand.

Soon loud music was able to be heard from the marketplace. The loud sound of cheering and clapping being heard not long afterwards. "How about we go somewhere quiet?" Meliodas soon asked with a chuckle as I nodded. Meliodas soon took lead taking me toward what looked like some grass hills near the town.