~Chapter 5~The Knights~

~Elizabeth's Pov~ 

The next morning I woke up to hear birds chirping. I rubbed my left eye sitting up. This bed was a lot more comfortable than the old one I used to sleep in. I noticed it was early morning and the sun was alright in the sky. I used to wake up just as the sun was rising. It was different to sleep in a little bit. I then noticed some clothes on the side next to me with a note on top. "Enjoy the Boar Hat uniform. All we could make for now. More on the way. Diane" I whispered reading it out loud. I placed the note on the other side before getting out of bed. 

I almost thought me being saved from that prison was a dream. I almost thought that none of this was real. I soon got changed into what they called the 'Boar Hat Uniform'. I soon was wearing a pink buttoned shirt with a black ribbon that exposed my belly, with a dark mini skirt strapped with a pink belt, along with a black stocking on my left leg and heels, one black and one white. I soon headed out the bedroom and downstairs to see Meliodas at the bar looking through the wall stack of alcohol. 

This place was a giant tavern. From what I heard Ban was the best cook out of everyone. "Hey, your up!" Meliodas spoke smiling as he saw me. I only nodded as he was soon offering to train me in working in the tavern. He explained how he didn't want me to just stay in my room alone. I was in shock and didn't have much chance to answer. Before I was able to, Meliodas soon started his lessons. He taught me what table was what number, how to handle carrying many drinks at once and so on. 

It was slightly fun to do so. That was when I noticed that out the window, there was Ban standing in front of the tavern that we were inside. In front of Ban was the three soldiers who dropped off my food for this month. I stepped back in fear getting Meliodas to look. "Liones knights?" he asked in shock as he soon was walked over to me, grabbing my hand. He was giving me a friendly smile. "Don't worry. We will protect you no matter what" he spoke as I knew he would. I just somehow knew he was going to help me. 

I felt as if I could trust him to protect me. Meliodas pulled me to the wall next to the wall asking me to stay quiet and in place before leaving the tavern. "Yo! What welcomes knights to our lovely Boar Hat?" I heard Meliodas voice from here as I stood there worried. I was scared that I was going to everyone here killed. "We are searching for a girl important to the royal family of Liones" I heard the female knight's voice. I was able to hear the rage in her own voice as even now, no one saw me as the King's daughter.

Only a monster that had to of been locked up. "Sorry, not seen anyone else out here but you guys myself. Ban any idea what they are on about?" Meliodas soon spoke, putting on an act. I only stood there listening. If I gave out anything showing these people knew me then all seven of them would have been killed. "Nope" Ban soon answered, lying to the knights of Liones. The knights that my father had trusted to make sure I never escaped. "When was this tavern build here?" I heard the old male knight's voice ask.

He wasn't easy to trick. He was a lot smarter than most people. "Only finished it all this morning. Looks great doesn't it?" Meliodas then answered as I had a bad feeling. Soon I heard the old male knight ask question after question to Meliodas and Ban who only answered each question without any hesitation. That was when I felt great pain in my chest. I had moved my hand over it as it felt as if I couldn't breathe. I stopped myself from making any noise as I fell to my knees. My back going to the wall. 

My vision getting blurry. "SIR!" I heard the younger male knight shout. I felt sweat building up around parts of my face as I wasn't getting any better. "You shouldn't lie to the King's knights" the old male knight spoke as there was an explosion right outside the tavern. I was unable to move. I was frozen in pain. I heard footsteps move to be in front of me. "Princess. We are here to take you back" I heard the old male knight as I looked up to see him smiling at me. The female to his right side and to his left the younger knight holding a pendant that was giving off a golden glow. 

They used that to figure out I was here. I only saw this pendant when I tried running away long ago. "Take my hand and the pain will stop, Princess Elizabeth" the older knight spoke, offering his hand out to me. I wanted the pain to stop but I held back. "P-promise me these people won't be harmed" I then spoke, being able to hear the pain in my own voice as the young knight looked shocked. The female had guilt all over her face as the old knight I was used to only agreed to my small demand. 

I went to move my arm until Meliodas was in front of me in the blink of an eye. "Stop the spell on her right now" he spoke harshly as he moved his right hand onto the sword handle on his back. I was in some shock as soon the others were all around us. King had his spear Chastiefol floating by his side as Diane was next to his other. Diane was holding a bronze double-sided war hammer. One side was a typical hammer and the other being a war pick. The weapon also included a pommel at the bottom of the staff handle.

Just like how I knew Chastiefol's name I knew this weapon's name also. The Giant's War Hammer Gideon. Soon I noticed Ban standing by Gowther's side. Both having weapons that I somehow knew of as well. Ban holding the Holy Rod Courechouse and Gowther was holding the Twin Bow Herritt. Courechouse was a golden four section-staff. The staff having engravings all over with the ends both being spikes. Herrit was a part of luminous, purple energy bows. The middle part of Herrit was inside of Gowther's hands both of the energy bows looking like ligthening bolts.

Merlin was standing with her arms crossed with Escanor standing behind her. Escanor having a weapon right next to him while Merlin had a weapon floating not far from the side of her head. I wasn't sure how but I knew the names of these weapons. All seven of them. Merlin had the Morning Star Aldan while Escanor had the great Divine Axe Rhitta. Aldan was a sky blue crystal orb. The size of a normal Human's hand while Rhitta was a giant ornamental axe with a blade shaped like a crescent moon, similar to that of a Monk's spade.

I was then more confused than anything. How did I know the names of these weapons? Why did it feel as if I had been around them many times before? Why did it feel that I had a bond with these weapons?