29.

Nae POV

I walked out of the tattoo parlor and made my way to Toya's house. I tried calling her but her phone was disconnected. I know that's not like her. She would've called me. I got in my car and drove off.

I pulled up in her yard to see that her Lambo was in the yard. I frowned when I saw the back of it. She messed that shit up big time. I got out and opened the door with my key. I locked the door behind me.

"Anybody home?! Toya!" Nobody answered so I sat down on the couch. She probably went out with Sean or her mama. I cut on the TV and started to relax. I yawned and decided against TV. I went upstairs and laid down on her bed. Soon I was slumped.

-------

*BOOM BOOM BOOM*

I jumped up and dodged behind the bed. I could hear guns going off and stuff breaking. I got my gun from my waist and held it in my hands. I heard crashing sounds and stuff being destroyed. I said a quick prayer and looked behind me. Guys were coming upstairs. One came in the room and smashed her TV and dressers. I shot in the arm. He shot back twice before I shot him again in the head. I heard more shots as I laid on the floor. I felt my stomach. Blood was pouring from my body. More footsteps came into the room.

"Call Chico! Nae's injured!" I heard Toya yell. She came towards me and held my hand.

"It's ok babe I'm here. Them bastards dead now." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Toya POV

"Chico come on!" I yelled. Killa had Nae in his arms. We were running into the hospital. Chico tried to stop the bleeding but she really needed medical attention fast.

"I need a doctor!" I yelled. Nurses ran over and immediately they got her on a crash and had her in the OR in no time. I walked into the bathroom and washed my hands and arms. Blood was all over my arm and hands. I dried my hands and arms. I got some more paper towel to dry my tears. For some reason I just couldn't stop crying. I was scared for my life, my family's life, and Nae's life. I felt like my whole world was crashing down and I haven't even been with her for that long. I walked back out to the waiting room. Killa was sitting down beside Kool J. I sat down beside him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Stop crying Toya. It's ok. She'll be fine." He said. I nodded.

"I know but these pregnancy hormones got me hysterical right now." I whined. Killa laughed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

-----

"Family of Renae Hill!" I popped up and yawned. Killa gave me a reassuring smile and ushered me towards the doctor.

"Yes doc?" I said.

"Who are you to her?" She said.

"Her girlfriend and close friend."

"Does she have any other relatives? Mother? Father? Siblings?" I shook my head. Her vibe was turning me off. It sounded like she was judging me or something.

"Her mother and father past when she was 2 and her only sister died when she was 14."

"I'm sorry for the losses. She is in stable condition. She lost a lot of blood so we're keeping her. The minimum amount of time she will be here is a week. She suffered from kidney failure and a punctured lung. Good news is both of those things are able to be savable. You can come see her in 2  1/2 hours. She'll be woke by then." I nodded.

"Thanks doc." She nodded and walked back to the back. I sat back down and shot Nae's phone a quick text.

"Everything ok?" Killa said.

"She suffered from a punctured lung and kidney failure. They said overall ok. I can see her in 2 1/2 hours." I said. He nodded.

"Good. Well until it's time to go back there  l go get you some food  and go check on Mel, your mama and Sean. Then we'll come back. Ok?" I nodded. We walked out of the hospital and got in the car.

"What you want to eat?" Killa asked. I looked around.

"Omar's. A steak and cheese with no banana pickles. I want a icee too." I said. He nodded and pulled up in the drive thru. He put my order in and got my food before pulling off.

"Thanks Killa." I said before eating my food. I'm mad hungry like always.

"Your more than welcome." I smiled to myself. If I wasn't a full lesbian I would date Killa. He's always been there for me and he wants me too but I'm gay so he just brushes it off. He doesn't even have a girlfriend. We pulled up into the garage. We got out and walked through the office before going in the elevator. I punched in the password and put my fingerprint in. We instantly went to the house. The doors opened up and Sean looked back.

"What's going on?" She said as we walked in. The doors closed and locked.

"We got there too late. She was shot twice. She got a punctured lung and her kidney failed." I said before plopping down on the couch. "Where's my baby girl and my mama?"

"Damn. She'll be ight though. She's a G. And Mama and Mel in her room watching movies. I was in her cleaning up your daughters spilled strawberry milkshake. Hence the mop in my hand." Sean said.

"I'm going to check on them." I got up and went upstairs. I knocked on my mama's room door. Nobody answered so I cracked it open. Her and Mel were knocked out. She was at the head and Mel was at the foot. I took a couple pictures. I closed the door back and went downstairs.

"We can leave now. They sleep and it's been two hours." I said while sitting back down. Killa shook his head.

"It's only been 20 minutes. Take a nap and stop stressing. I'll wake you up when it's time to go. Ight?" He said. I groaned.

"Ugh ok." I got up and went back upstairs. I walked into my room and laid down in my bed.