Chapter 22: A Change of Heart

~Lucy's POV~

The plan was simple.

The first step was to get Romeo and Wendy to get out of their rooms and outside into the fresh air.

It wasn't too difficult convincing Wendy to take a walk with me as I said she needed the fresh air to clear her head.

She reluctantly agreed, following me outside and to the guild hall.

Standing outside the guild hall were Natsu and Romeo.

At first, Wendy only saw Natsu and so she smiled a little and waved. But then Romeo exited out of the guild hall and her smile wavered.

It took Romeo a few moments to see Wendy but when he did, he tried to leave but Natsu was able to convince him to stay.

As we reached them, I smiled. "Natsu! Romeo! What a coincidence! Wendy and I were just going on a walk, want to join us?"

Natsu grinned. "We'd love to. We were just about to go on a walk ourselves."

"I-I don't really feel good," Romeo stuttered. "I think I'll pass."

"Taking a walk will help with that," Natsu informed him.

"I-I just remembered I had to go meet someone," Wendy said, avoiding looking at Romeo. "I should go."

"Meet them later, they can wait," I replied. "This won't take too long."

"Exactly," Natsu agreed, winking at me. "Let's go then."

So we started our walk.

It was a bit uncomfortable as we could practically feel the tension in the air between the two but Natsu and I continued a conversation to make it seem like we didn't know what the problem was.

"So Wendy," Natsu said loudly so Romeo would hear, "I hear you have a crush."

I glanced at Romeo and saw his jaw tighten. I felt bad for making him go through this but they needed this to move on and get past this obstacle.

Plus, it was kind of cute seeing him jealous.

Wendy's eyes widened and she looked at me for help.

"Natsu, you boys are so dense," I replied, rolling my eyes. "She's too shy to talk about it with you."

"Why?" Natsu asked. "She's like my little sister and I should know what's going on in her life."

"Well that's true," I agreed, nodding. "Wendy, go on, answer him."

Wendy's face turned bright red as she slowly nodded. "Yes."

I saw Romeo look the other way.

"Tell me what you like about him," Natsu said, winking at me.

I held in a laugh and smiled back at him.

"This is so embarrassing," Wendy said, covering her face with her hands.

"Aww look how she's getting shy talking about her crush," I said, patting her shoulder. "It's okay Wendy, that's what happens when you like someone a lot."

I made sure to emphasize the last part so Romeo would get more angry and sure enough it worked. I saw him walking a bit faster, his face contorted.

"He's sweet," Wendy said quietly. "He's funny and brave but most of all he has a good heart."

I noticed Romeo's hands clenched into fists, his head down.

"You must like him a lot," Natsu said, nodding. "If that's how special he is to you, then I am okay with it."