Chapter 5: Don't Go

~Laxus's POV~

"Mira," I said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"One minute," she said, continuing her conversation with Lisanna.

I removed my hand from her shoulder and walked away, knowing that the conversation was going to last way longer than a minute.

I had nothing against Mira being so passionate about her ships or whatever she called them. In fact, I was always willing to help her.

But lately she had been more focused on them than our relationship or me, and that annoyed me.

Every time she came to talk to me these days it was only about plans she had or how stupid they were being. Never did she talk about our relationship or ask what was going on in my life.

I took a seat on a bench, remembering the times we spent together during the trip... It seemed so long ago.

Twenty minutes later, Mira came outside and waved her hand in front of me.

I looked up at her and saw she was smiling at me which immediately made my anger melt away.

"Guess what," Mira said, bouncing on her heels.

"What?" I asked.

"Me and Lisanna have thought of amazing ways to get the idiots back together!" she exclaimed.

Again with the ships.

I forced a smile. "That's great."

"I know!" she said, her smile widening. "I can't wait to carry through with our plans and-"

"Mira don't you want to know why I was calling you?" I asked, cutting her off.

She looked down at me, her smile lessening.

"Oh right," she said. "So what's up?"

"Sit," I said, motioning towards the space beside me.

"Laxus I really don't have time to sit," she said. "Can't you tell me quickly? I have a lot of work to do."

I clenched my fists.

She didn't even have the time to sit next to me for a minute to talk?

"Of course you do," I said.

"What does that mean?" she demanded.

I sighed, standing up and turning around. "Nothing. It's fine I'll talk to you later."

"Are you sure? I can talk for a minute-"

"I don't want to get in the way of your work," I said, managing a smile. "I'll see you later."

With that I walked away, keeping my anger in check.

-----------------------------------------------------

~Jellal's POV~

I watched Erza as she proudly told me about her latest mission.

She had a certain sparkle in her eyes as she talked about how she beat thirty wizards all by herself.