Chapter 9: Trust

~Gajeel's POV~

I didn't understand what had just happened.

Don't get me wrong.

I was happy that Jellal and Erza stopped fighting, especially because it prevented Erza from getting angry easily.

But it seemed like Jellal didn't have to do much to convince Erza to forgive him.

Meanwhile, I was here, still in a fight with  Shrimp and she hadn't even looked in my direction today, much less talked to me.

On top of that, she made sure to stay busy doing something so I couldn't talk to her.

If that was how she wanted to play it, then fine. I was willing to go along with it.

We exited the kitchen after having some surprisingly delicious cake and took our respective seats in the circle.

Seeing it was my turn, I spun the bottle and it landed on Natsu.

Oh great.

The one person I hoped it would never land on. Who knew what the idiot would dare me to do?

Natsu's face lit up when he saw that it was his turn to give me a dare and he rubbed his hands, a smirk crossing his face.

"Gajeel, I dare you to go into the storeroom, find a book titled 'Ancient Tales' and bring it back," Natsu said.

That was  really easy. It seemed impossible that there wasn't a twist.

"But you have to work together with Levy to do so," he added.

I figured he would add something but this is not what I thought.

This worked out for me though because I would finally get a chance to talk to her alone and work things out.

So with or without knowing it, Natsu was actually helping me.

I shrugged. "Okay."

"Hold on a second," Levy said, standing up. "Shouldn't I get a say in this?"

"Not really," Natsu answered.

"It's fine, we know you're happy about the arrangement," Lucy said, with a smirk. "You're welcome."

"It's fine if Shrimp is too scared to do the dare," I added, knowing that would get her attention.

She puffed out her cheeks and crossed her arms, trying to look as angry as possible, but really she just looked cute.

"I'm not too scared!" she yelled. "If anything, you're too scared."

"Then agree," I challenged.

Levy glared at me for a few seconds before turning around to face Natsu.

"Lead the way," she said.

I felt excitement rise inside me and I tried to hide the smile that had appeared on my face.

We followed Natsu to the storeroom and he handed us a flashlight.

"Ladies first," I said, making a gesture for Levy to enter.

Levy rolled her eyes and opened the flashlight as she entered the storeroom. I followed closely behind her and as we entered, the door shut behind us.

We ignored that and continued to walk forward, looking for the book.

The storeroom was crowded with old boxes filled with random things as far as we could see. There was table in the corner with books stacked on top of each other.