Chapter 17: Jealous

~Lucy's POV~

"Is this really necessary?" Jellal asked, looking in the mirror.

Mira looked up from the pile of clothes laid out on the bed. "Of course it is. You have to wear the perfect suit for your engagement and wedding."

Jellal tightened the tie around his neck. "Yeah but I've tried on at least ten suits already Mira. All of them are good."

Erza turned Jellal around and removed his hands from the tie. She seemed amused with the whole situation as she fitted his tie for him.

Mira continued to look through the suits. "All of them are good but only one of them will be perfect for the occasion and besides Erza has yet to choose one she likes the best."

Erza finished fitting his tie and then smiled up at him. "Exactly Jellal. Your job is to model these suits and my job is to pick the one I like best. Besides there are still a few suits left for you to try on."

Jellal looked at her. "I feel like you're purposely making me try on the rest because you're having too much fun seeing me annoyed."

Erza shrugged. "I can't deny that. Now go back in the bathroom and try on the next one."

Jellal groaned and glanced at Erza one more time before reluctantly going back into the bathroom.

I found the situation adorable and hilarious because I had never seen Erza having so much fun with annoying someone, especially not her fiancé.

As I was watching them, I felt an arm encase my shoulders and pull me closer. I looked up to see Natsu grinning at me.

I felt my heartbeat pick up and my breath quicken but I managed to smile back at him before looking away otherwise it felt like I would have a heart attack.

"I can't wait for the engagement!" Natsu exclaimed.

More than Jellal, Natsu seemed excited for the engagement and wedding. One of the reasons probably being that he would finally get to witness Ezra's marriage.

They had known each other for the longest time and even though Erza was constantly yelling at them and punishing them, we all knew how much they cared for each other.

It was a big moment for Natsu and all of us to see her get married after everything we had been through. Their marriage was a symbol that no matter what happened, no matter how many hardships life brung, things would get better.

That was why this wedding was so important to all of us. It would bring new hope into our lives and that's why we wanted everything to be perfect.

That's why Natsu was so excited for it.

He didn't tell me but I knew for sure that was why because when he didn't say anything, his face gave it all away. I saw a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

Honestly, I found it kind of cute as to how excited he was for this whole thing.

Ever since the wedding was announced, there had been fights for who would be the best man at the wedding and Jellal still hadn't said anything on the matter.

We probably wouldn't find out till a few days before the wedding so there was no point in asking him because we knew he wasn't sure himself.

"It's tomorrow," I reminded him.

"I know," Natsu said, glancing at me. "That's why I'm so excited for it! It's so close yet so far."

"You're so dramatic."

Natsu smiled and then winked at me. "I know you love it."

I shook my head, trying to fight the smile that was coming onto my face. "So what are you doing here?"