Chapter 13: Making An Effort

~Natsu's POV~

"Okay now all you have to do is make it sound natural," Jellal told me, as we walked up to the group of girls.

"Don't worry," Laxus assured him. "I'll be subtle. They won't suspect a thing."

He casually went up to Mira and the other girls and waved.

Do you think he'll be subtle?" Gray whispered to Jellal.

"Not a chance," he whispered back. "This is his girlfriend we're talking about."

"So Mira," Laxus started, leaning on the table. "I was thinking that the whole guild goes on a camping trip."

Before she could answer, he quickly added,"It's not all of a sudden! We aren't planning anything, it's just for fun I swear."

She rolled her eyes and pulled him over to the side before he could say anything else.

"What's going on?" she asked, crossing her arms.

Laxus glanced at Jellal who made an x with his hands and shook his head.

"Nothing," he declined, taking a step back.

"Laxus, we can either do this the easy way or the Mira way," she said stepping forward.

"What's the easy way?" he asked, clearly nervous.

"You aren't going to like it," Mira said.

"What about the Mira way?"

"You aren't going to like that either," she said.

"Is there any way you will believe that we're just a group of guys who want to go camping for the heck of it?" he asked, hopefully.

"Nope," she declined.

Laxus looked at Jellal who shook his head violently and then looked back at his girlfriend glaring at him.

"Okay okay fine!" he exclaimed. "We want to go camping so that Jellal can propose to Erza!"

"FINALLY!" Mira exclaimed. "That is the best news I have ever heard EVER!"

"Way to be subtle," I said, coming up to them.

"She may be my girlfriend, but she's scary," he whispered.

"I know," I replied.

Mira hugged Jellal and squeezed him so tight that I'm pretty sure he couldn't breathe.

"You're the only smart guy here!!" she squealed. "I thought I was going to have to use my way to make you realize it was about time."

When she finally let go, Jellal was gasping for air.

"Thanks," he breathed. "But how will we tell the others?"

"Don't worry, I'll convince the girls to go," Mira assured us. "And unlike Laxus, I know how to be subtle."

"I don't know how much more subtle I could've been," he said, defensively.

"Don't worry, I still love you," Mira said, kissing his cheek.

Laxus grinned. "But I'm subtle right?"