Chapter 1: Two Weeks

~Lucy's POV~

The bright sunlight streamed onto my face as I attempted to cover it with my hand.

When I realized that it wasn't going away, I yawned, stretching out my arms and sitting up on my bed, rubbing my eyes before slowly opening them.

I took in my room around me until my eyes landed on my bedside table where a picture frame was put face down.

I swung my legs over the bed and gently picked up the picture frame, gazing at the photo.

It was a picture from our vacation which had ended a few months ago. In the photo, Natsu was holding me bridal style in his arms, grinning down at me while I looked up at him, smiling. It shows Natsu carrying me off a jet ski and onto the beach.

I felt a tug in my chest as I stared at the photo, heartbreaking memories coming back to me.

Two weeks ago, Natsu and I had a really big fight and he right after that he left on a quest without really saying goodbye. I hadn't seen or spoken to him since.

But it wasn't like he had disappeared.

Master and a few other people were in contact with him and Happy, but unfortunately I wasn't one of those people.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of all these thoughts before placing the picture frame back on the table, face down.

I stood up and picked out some clothes before going into the bathroom and taking a relaxing, long shower.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my chest, stepping out of the bathroom.

For some reason, my first thought was how Natsu and Happy would have been sitting on my bed or the sofa, waiting for me while eating some food, and making an overall mess.

I chuckled at the memory and then dressed up before going into my kitchen.

I ate some breakfast before grabbing my keys and purse and heading out of the apartment building.

As I walked out, I immediately saw someone familiar.

A smile spread across my face as I walked towards Evyn who was waiting for me by the river.

"Hey," I said, as I reached him.

Evyn looked up from something he was reading and as soon as he saw me, he smiled.

"Hey," he replied.

When Evyn got back from his modeling trip, a little after Natsu left, he had come to visit me at my apartment and we had been in contact ever since.

He hadn't really changed at all since the vacation. His icy blue eyes still sparkled and his black hair was still perfect, just like his smile.

But just like on the vacation, I hadn't found myself liking him anymore than just a friend. Probably because even though I didn't want to admit it, I did still like Natsu.

Two weeks was not enough time to get over him.

No amount of time would be enough, and I had just started to accept that fact.