Chapter 11: Hope

~Natsu's POV~

I was not going to let Lucy walk away again. Every time, I let it go because I knew she was angry and I also knew that in many ways, what had happened was my fault.

She deserved to be angry at me for as long as she wanted to and I wasn't denying her that right.

But she couldn't constantly avoid talking to me whenever I tried to talk to her about it.

I wasn't saying she had to forgive me.

But I at least deserved one chance to make up for what I did.

If I saw that she didn't care about me anymore, I would have let her go.

But whenever I looked into her eyes, I saw the exact opposite.

That's why I was willing to fight for us if I had to.

I walked after Lucy, keeping a fast pace.

When I caught up to her, I grabbed her arm and pushed her back against a wall, slamming my fists beside her.

She gasped and looked at me in shock, her eyes filled with surprise.

"What are you doing Natsu? Let me go, I have work to do," she ordered.

Lucy tried to duck under my arms and escape but I didn't let her.

I knew she could see the mix of emotions I was feeling because I wasn't too good at hiding them.

"There's no escape," I declined. "You have to talk to me."

Her eyes hardened. "I don't have to do anything."

She ducked under my arm and started to walk away.

"Five minutes," I said. "Just give me five minutes to talk."

Lucy stopped and sighed before turning around, her arms crossed. "Fine. What do you want to talk about?"

"What is your problem?" I asked, walking towards her.

She started walking backwards until her back hit the wall. "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," I said, coming closer to her. "Every time I try to make things better between us, you run away. Why?"

"Did you stay to try to make things better?" she questioned, glaring at me. "No, you left."

"Because-"

"I know your reason," Lucy said, cutting me off. "But it doesn't make what you did right. So now, you cannot expect me to comply with you."

"I made a mistake," I said. "We all do."

"But I was there with you Natsu," she said. "I fought for our relationship and you didn't."

"So I am now," I said quietly. "I'm trying, Luce."

"There's no point in trying now," Lucy denied. "We're over."

"Lucy, you still love me and we both know it. So why are you making this so hard?"

"I don't love you," she said, averting her eyes.

"Say that while looking at me," I said, pressing my fingers against her chin to make her face me.

"I don't have time to play this game Natsu," she  said. "Let me go."