Chapter 2: Natsu's Return

~Lucy's POV~

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing that came to my mind was the picture.

I sat on my bed after taking a shower and picked up the picture of Natsu and I.

I ran my fingers along the photo, smiling as the day this picture was taken came back to me. After a minute or two, I placed the picture frame back on my bedside table, this time face up.

I left the apartment building and went over to the guild hall where Natsu and Happy would return.

I was walking so quickly into the guild that I accidentally bumped into Gray, who, surprisingly, was actually wearing a shirt.

"Sorry," I mumbled, striding past him.

I took a seat on a stool and placed my elbow on the table, putting my chin in the palm of my hand.

Mira turned around with a glass in her hand, smiling at me.

"Good morning Lucy," she said. "Smoothie?"

"Good morning," I replied, with a smile of my own. "And sure."

Mira raised an eyebrow at me, leaning forward. "You seem excited about something. Maybe about Natsu's return?"

I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked down at the table. "You know, don't you?"

"Know what?" Mira asked. "That you still love Natsu? Well of course I know that. Everyone knows that."

"I wouldn't use the term love," I mumbled.

"Look Lucy," Mira said, taking a glass and pouring the smoothie mix into it. "I spent a lot of time planning to get you two together. So imagine how I felt when you two broke up and Natsu left without a proper goodbye."

"We didn't technically breakup," I muttered, keeping my eyes on the table.

Mira put the smoothie down and stared at me. "I'm sorry, what?"

"We never actually came to the conclusion that we were breaking up," I explained. "Natsu just left after the argument."

"So you two are technically still together?" Mira asked.

I looked up to see her eyes sparkling and a wide smile on her face.

"I wouldn't say we are together but-"

"But you aren't broken up, right?"

"Technically-"

"Yes or no?" Mira asked.

"No, but-"

"All I hear is that you two are still together!" Mira exclaimed, clapping her hands. "This will make my job so much easier, thanks for telling me."

Mira handed me the smoothie, did a little happy dance and then hurried over to Lisanna and Laxus.

I sighed, shaking my head.

I wondered what she would come up with this time.

I had to admit though, the last time Mira got that look in her eyes, things did turn out pretty well for all of us.

I took a sip of my smoothie and just as I turned around, the guild doors opened and Natsu walked in, Happy flying beside him.

My heart stopped as I looked at him. He looked the same as when he left with his salmon hair and wide grin. His scarf was still wrapped around his neck but it did look like he had gotten stronger.

I couldn't stop looking at him and wondering if he had changed anymore than I could see. As much as the fight we had broke my heart, I hoped that he was still the same Natsu I had loved.