Chapter 6: Broken

~Natsu's POV~

My eyes slowly opened as the sunlight hit my face. I looked around and saw Lucy sitting on a chair, her head resting on the side of my bed.

Had Lucy stayed here all night to take care of me?

I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

At least now I knew that she did still care about me.

As I continued to admire her, she opened her eyes and looked at me for a few seconds before jolting up.

"Natsu, you're awake!" she exclaimed, pressing her hand on my forehead. "Are you feeling better now?"

"How can I not feel better with you taking care of me?" I asked, with a slight smile.

Lucy realized just how close she was to me and quickly sat back, clearing her throat.

"I'm glad you're better now," she said.

"It's all thanks to you," I replied. "But Luce, you didn't have to stay all night taking care of me. What if it affects your health?"

"I didn't mean to fall asleep, my eyes just closed and before I knew it I drifted off," she explained. "I just wanted to make sure you would be okay."

"Luce, my health is not more important than yours," I said, looking into her eyes. "I remember exactly how you ordered me around yesterday. Now it's my turn."

"What do you mean?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"You're going straight home from here and you are going to sleep for the whole day. You are not allowed to step outside your house until an hour or two before dinner," I ordered.

"But Natsu, I'm fi-"

"Luce if you don't listen to me, I will personally pick you up and carry you to your house the whole way, no matter how sick I still am," I warned.

Lucy sighed. "You sure do know how to get me to listen to you."

I grinned. "It's not that hard because I know you care about me."

Lucy blushed but didn't say anything.

"Good morning lovebirds," Mira said, walking into the room with a tray, Lisanna behind her.

"We aren't in love," Lucy and I said in unison.

"Sure guys, whatever you say," Mira said, with a laugh.

"Lucy you look like you haven't slept all night," Lisanna said, coming up to me.

"That's because she fell asleep here while taking care of me all night," I replied, with a cheeky smile.

Mira raised an eyebrow. "You were here taking care of him throughout the entire night?"

"Well yeah but I accidentally fell asleep a few hours ago," she explained.

"Hey Lis?" Mira said.

"Yeah sis?" Lisanna asked.

"Remember what someone said about caring about someone just as a friend?" she asked.

"Of course! If I remember correctly that was Lucy we were talking to," she replied, with a smirk.

"Right. And she said she only cared about Natsu as a friend," Mira said, remembering.