Chapter 12: Jellal's Decision

~Juvia's POV~

I put one foot in front of the other as I slowly made progress up the hill, groaning to myself because I was being dragged along by the matchmaking devil.

"Why are we walking up a hill at night again?" I asked.

"It's good exercise," Mira said, shrugging.

I rolled my eyes. "Juvia knows that's not it."

"Well good then you also know I'm not going to tell you so you might as well just wait and see," she reasoned.

Of course she wouldn't tell me.

Just a few hours ago, I was having an absolutely amazing Gray free afternoon alone, with my coffee and movies but of course Mira just had to drag me along on a "hike" in the dark.

Yes I had to mention that it was Gray free.

I was having a dilemma on whether I was still mad at him or not considering his cold behavior towards me lately.

No pun intended.

But was I still...

Of course I was still mad at him.

No question about it.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of any and all thoughts that had to do with my... I mean Gray.

As we continued to walk, I noticed lanterns lit up along the path, along with flowers outlining the way we were going.

That was odd.

When we started to slow down, I saw what looked like a gazebo at the top of the hill, along with a dinner set up on a table placed in the middle of it.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when we reached the area.

Who set this all up? And why was I brought here?

I was about to ask Mira but when I turned around she wasn't there.

Instead I saw Gray dressed in a black suit and tie, smiling at me.

Damn him for looking so handsome. I almost cracked a smile at the fact that he was actually dressed up; key word: almost.

"Hey," he greeted, walking closer to me.

"Did you tell Mira to bring Juvia here?" I asked.

"You know when someone greets you, the polite response is to at least greet them back," Gray teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hey Gray, how are you?" I replied, sarcastically.

"I'm great now that you're here," he answered, with a cheeky smile.

I felt blush cover my cheeks despite my order for them not to.

Traitors.

I sighed. "Why is Juvia here?"

Gray gently took my hand. "Come with me."