30~Love and mischief is in the air

A NEW CHAPTER!! YAY!!! I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP!! 

~

Right at the moment the three Gryffindors got out of the kitchen, into the hallway, a big flash of red light blinded them all. Hermione was the first one who even thought of yelling 'Protego!'. Another flash, but this time she saw where it was coming from: Harry. "Goddamn it Harry!" she yelled.

He turned his head to her, a wild look on his face. He raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes when he looked forwards again. "What are you doi-"

Ron yelped and pointed before him. Hermione followed his finger with her eyes and finally understood why Harry was shooting spells all of sudden.

Draco stood in front of them, as if he had been waiting there all the time - just for them to come out of the kitchen. He and she sighed at the same time, and Draco immediately connected their eyes.

For some reason she blushed.

Harry looked at her and hissed: "It's Malfoy, in case you hadn't noticed!"

She cocked her head slightly to one side. "Oh really? Mm..." she said sarcastically.

Draco smirked slightly.

"So, Malfoy, what's up?" Ron asked, what caused them all to frown.

"What?" Hermione finally managed to say.

"Yeah Ron what is this?" Harry asked, but it sounded more like a 'wtf'.

Ron smiled and said! "Well Herm said that - Alice - no wait, Hermione - said that we," he shot Harry a look, "...should try to be nice to him. Remember, Harry? What you just did what not very friendly."

Everyone stared at him.

"I didn't think you'd take it that serious..." Hermione mumbled softly to herself.

"Soooo..." Draco interrupted. "I didn't come here to be attacked by Harry Potty," Harry glared at him.

Draco raised an eyebrow and continued talking, "...I actually have a purpose of being here. Grang..Herrr...Her.."

Harry eyes looked ready to pop out of his head, and Hermione really started to worry about that - seriously though, they really looked ready to pop out of his head.

Draco growled. "Granger, I need to speak to you."

"What?" Harry asked aggressively. Hermione put her hand on his shoulder and said in his ear: "Harry, he's my friend now! Be nice!" and turned to look at Draco again, who was now studying his nails.

"Yeah! Be nice!" Ron said. Everyone ignored him.

She looked back at her best friend again and added softly: "Well...try to. You two still hate each other obviously. Just try not to curse him when I'm here, okay? Can you do that?"

Draco groaned and looked at his watch. He annoyingly tapped his foot, starting to grow impatient. Harry studied his face and after a short silence, he nodded stiffly, not taking his eyes of Malfoy. "Sure."

Hermione sighed relieved. She smiled at the three boys. Draco glared at Harry, but for some reason avoided Ron's gaze. "Right," Ron muttered. "Well, go then. How long are we standing here already?"

Draco eyed him and she noticed some kind of vulnerable look in them. Why? Uncomfortably, Draco stepped forwards, leaning closer to Hermione. She felt his breath on her cheek when he murmured, "Come on. I ain't have all day." She nodded and looked at Ron and Harry one last time. Ron seemed sort of jealous, but he quickly hid it when he saw her looking. He flashed her an innocent smile and with a groan, Hermione pulled her and Draco away from the two boys.