12~Potions lesson

"Sooo, 'Mione.. Ready to face Snape?" Harry asked. 

Hermione almost snorted. 

Of course she was. 

She had already met him a few times, but Harry and Ron didn't know that. Nobody knew that. Except Ginny, of course. She had been in detention with Severus because of what happened after Quidditch.

 "As ready as you could be." She said grinning. 

Harry frowned. He didn't understand why anybody would grin at the thought of Snape. 

They continued walking through the dungeons. Harry watched Hermione. With firm steps and a straight back she walked through the corridors, as if it was not scary at all here. Harry shivered. Hermione looked at him. 

"Cold?" She asked.

 "A bit." was Harry's answer. 

They reached the Potions classroom. There he stood. Behind his desk. 

Ron swallowed. After all this time, he still got the shivers of Snape. Even after everything he had done, he was still quite frightening. 

Hermione, however, forced herself not to smile, which was quite hard. 

She sat down in the front row. Harry, Ron and Neville slowly sat down next to her, looking a bit uncomfortable with the position she had chosen. 

The rest of the students entered the classroom and Snape stood up. "Today, we will be brewing Amortentia. Just as a refreshment of the mind. You've already made it once, so I take it there won't be any trouble. But of course, I can't expect that from dunderheads like you. If I see anything not going the way I wish, then there will be a appropriate punishment. For everyone. Now. Start." 

He waved his wand and a list of ingredients appeared on the chalk board. 

The class started collecting their ingredients and as soon as everybody sat down the list of amenities disappeared. The students opened their books and began to prepare the ingredients. 

Hermione watched Snape. He was writing something on parchment. While writing, his hands moved in an elegant way, in a very attractive way. 

Hermione almost fell off her chair when she heard Severus' voice in her head: 'It is impolite to stare, Hermione. ' 

Harry watched her with an odd look. "What's wrong?" He hissed. 

"Uh, I forgot to bring back a book to the library." 

Harry rolled his eyes and continued chopping.

 Without making a sound, her lips formed the word 'Sorry.' She bow over her book and sighed when she saw Harry was farther then her. She read the recipe and quickly began chopping, stamping and peeling the ingredients. Minutes passed and Hermione smiled when her potion turned mother-of-pearl sheen, exactly how it had to look. Her smile widened when her potion gave off perfectly spiraled steam. 

She looked over to Severus. He was looking at her cauldron with a little hint of a smile on his face. 

Hermione looked at Harry's cauldron. His potion was slimy and green and she had never in her entire life seen so many bubbles. 

She looked over to Ron. His potion was dark red and it looked like blood. How disgusting. 

Neville's potion had changed into a big ball with the color of earwax. 

The rest of the class's potions weren't much better. 

Hermione turned back to her own potion. It was that moment she realized something:

 The smell had changed.