13~Amortentia

She blinked a few times. 

What did that mean?

 She still smelt new parchment, but the rest was different. The freshly mown grass and spearmint toothpaste had changed. She now smelled the new parchment, a campfire and some familiar herbs she knew, but couldn't place yet.

 Hermione looked around. No one had seen her shock. 

Except Severus.

He watched her with a curious expression. He raised an eyebrow when he saw she was looking.

 " 'Mione? Hermione, what's wrong?" Harry asked concerned. 

"N-nothing.." She managed to bring out. She turned her attention back to her potion. She closed her eyes and breathed in the smell of her Amortentia. 

Unknowingly, she bowed further and further forward. She got up in the smell and she started to feel a bit dizzy. Just before her nose could touched the surface, a firm hand pulled her back. She abruptly woke up from her trance and blinked a few times. 

The whole classroom stared at her. 

Why? 

She looked up and saw Severus looming over her. She swallowed. 

He had saved her.

 In front of the whole class.

 "That was very foolish of you, Miss Brown. Five points from Gryffindor." He walked back to his desk. 

Hermione watched him move with a slightly opened mouth. Had he?.. Did he just? Anger bubbled up inside her. Her knuckles turned white. 

Harry squeezed her hand. "Calm down." He whispered. 

"I. Can't." She hissed between her teeth. "He did it again." 

Harry frowned. "What?"

 "Taking points from me." 

She saw Harry thinking of a way to calm her. "Hey, it's just Snape. He's always like this." 

Only if you knew.. Hermione thought. To her he was kind, when they were alone. She hadn't told anyone about their friendship, in fear that Severus would get angry at her. She looked over to Severus. 

He gave her a warning glare. 

Hermione's knuckles grew even more white. "Hermione.." Harry began with a warning tone. 

"Five points to Gryffindor. Ten points from Slytherin." She whispered very soft, so only Harry could hear her.

 " 'Mione!" Harry whisper-shouted.

 "Shove off." Hermione mumbled. 

Harry gave her a hurted look before continuing with his potion, trying to make it look a bit better.

 A hopeless cause. 

Hermione sighed. She would later make up with Harry. She was to angry for that now. 

"Everyone, turn in a bottle of your potion, so I can give you the grades you deserve.."

Hermione gritted her teeth. He always gave them  lower  then they deserved. 

When Neville turned in his potion, she saw Snape scrabbling something on a clipboard that looked suspiciously like a zero. She quickly walked out the classroom before she did something she would regret later.

 Ron hurried after her. He opened his mouth but Hermione cut him off. "What, Ronald?" She asked a bit irritated. The cold of the dungeons calmed her a bit, but not enough to not snap to her best friends. 

Bad enough.

 "You have a bad temper today.." Ron mumbled. 

Hermione sighed. "Sorry.." she said.

 "May I ask why you almost drowned yourself in your Amortentia?" He asked.

 Hermione sighed demonstrative. "Ronald, you know Amortentia attracts you, right? The potion's aroma is unique to each person who consumes it, as it smells like whatever attracts each individual. So..it's not more then logical that I - like you said it - almost 'drowned' myself into it."

 Ron stared disbelieving at her. "Can I borrow your mind for a few months? How can you remember al those things?"

 "I'm the insufferable know-it-all, remember?" she snapped.

 Ron smiled uncomfortably. "Our little bookworm." He said. 

Harry and Neville walked out Snape's classroom. "Hey guys.." Neville said with a sad look on his face.

 "What's wrong?" Ron asked carefully.

 "I've probably got a Troll for my... potion, if you can call it that.." He said sad. 

"What?" Ron blurred out. "How would you know?" 

Neville sighed. "I saw Snape writing something like that on his clipboard." 

Me too. Hermione thought. But I better not say it. 

While Harry and Ron tried to get Neville in a better temper, not very successful, Hermione tried to think. She had reacted a bit extreme, she must admit. It were only five points. 

They continued walking towards their next class. While Ron and Neville entered the classroom, Hermione stopped Harry by raising her hand as a 'stop' signal. Harry looked at her. "Hermione! We have class! I wanna go inside and-"

 "Hey, listen." Hermione snapped her fingers in front of his face. Harry blinked. "Sorry for hurting you, Harry. You didn't deserve that. You've already suffered enough. I should have listened to you. I was just a bit upset about Snape taking points from me again. I'm so sorry.." 

Harry sighed. "It's alright, 'Mione." Hermione smiled. She quickly hugged him and walked into the classroom.