23~Yes or no

"Uh..Her-mione?" (As in the 'snape snape severus snape'-song)

She blinked and looked at Severus. "Yeah..?" 

Severus studied her face. "Are you sure you're okay," Hermione lightly shook her head and her beautiful face turned pale. "-because you look like you've just seen a ghost."

 The Gryffindor sat down on the ground. Severus first looked at her before realizing that it would be rather rude if he would just stand there, staring at her. So he slowly sat down next to her and gently squeezed her small, soft hand.

 She looked up. There were Lily's eyes again; green, deep and beautiful. They looked each other in the eyes for a very long time. Severus was totally hypnotized by it. 

"I..don't know how to put this," she began, stumbling. 

He smiled at her. "I'm sure you can." 

Hermione smiled ever so lightly. "Have you..have you ever thought of the possibility that..we.. are soulmates?" Hermione proposed carefully.

 Severus blinked and stayed silent. 

Hermione continued. "I mean, you smell my shampoo," Severus looked questionably at her. "-mandarins," she added when she saw the look on her friends' face.

 "And I-I smell you -first I smelled something else-, so that all points at the soulmate-thing, am I right?" she continued.

Severus blinked twice. He was thinking. It sounded logical, right? But why her? They were friends -not even for that long- and then they suddenly were soulmates?

 "Oh gosh this is so awkward." Hermione hid her face behind her hands. 

He looked at her intensely. "No..it's not."

 She peered between her fingers. 

"It just doesn't make sense. We don't even know each other that long." 

Hermione dropped her hands. She looked exactly like an emoji he had seen somewhere. You know, the '😒' emoji. Where had he seen it? On a...what was it again? Oh, right, a cell phone

"You've taught me for seven years, Severus." 

"I mean really know. In those years we barely even talked, except in class when you did irritating again."  Hermione narrowed her eyes.

 "Sorry. What I mean to say, is that we don't know that much about each other yet, and that it would be unlikely if we are soulmates," he said. "But you are right." Hermione looked surprised.

 "We both smell each other, oh that sounds odd,"

 Hermione chuckled.

 "-and that could mean that we indeed are soulmates."

 She slowly nodded. "Is..is there a spell or something to check that we are soulmates?" she asked.

 "Yes, there is. Just let me..." 

He stood up and walked to the bookcases. His hands touched the books and his lips formed the names written of the sides. "Ah." He picked up a book. It was big and it looked heavy. He opened it and a huge cloud of dust filled the air. When it disappeared, Severus started to search for the right page; when he found it, he tapped with his finger on it. "This is it. The spell."

 Hermione walked to him and looked over his shoulder. "Ego reprehendo," she read. 

Severus nodded. "That means 'I check'." He made a gesture for her to keep reading. 

Hermione read it and carefully closed the book. She stroked the front and inhaled. "You cast it on the other. If-if my wand glows warm, you are my soulmate. If it turns cold, you're not." Severus nodded. "So..let's check it, then?" 

Hermione inhaled deeply and stretched her fingers. "Yup. Ok." Hermione swallowed. She raised her wand and opened her mouth, ready to say the spell. 

"Wait."

 Hermione closed her mouth and lowered her wand. "What?" she asked, a bit of annoyance audible in her voice.

 "You want to know the truth, I understand that, because I want to know it too, of course, but maybe it won't work because you're still wearing your disguise, Alice." 

Hermione/Alice made an 'o'-shape with her mouth. "Yeah. Yeah you're probably right." She nodded to herself. 

Severus kept looking at her -the first time he had seen her turn back to herself he had only looked at her eyes, well, not exactly her eyes: Alice Brown's eyes. 

She smiled at him and pointed her wand at her temple. The tip of her wand lightened up in a soft shade of green. She closed her eyes and moved her wand from the top of her head to her feet. Her eyes turned caramel brown. Her hair also began changing: it became her brown, curly old hair.

 It was funny to watch. It was almost the same process as when you used Polyjuice Potion, but her skin did not bubble. And it didn't look painful. 

Her clothes stayed the same. That was a bit of a weird sight: Hermione Granger wearing 'cool clothes' (a short dark blue skirt and a red leather jacket). She looked really pretty. 

Suddenly, Hermione startled Severus by snapping her fingers in front of his face. "Severus! I'm talking to you!" 

He blinked and shook his head. 

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked soft. 

He smiled, but it looked more like a smirk. "Nothing, you just look beautiful, even though you chose your clothes to fit Alice Brown." 

Hermione's cheeks turned crimson. "Thanks.. So, can we start now?" Severus nodded in approval.

 "Yes." He slowly breathed in and out and sat down on a chair. 

Hermione raised her wand again and whispered:

 "Ego reprehendo."

~

CLIFFFFFHANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

Hey! So, I decided to put a bonus picture on every chap! Means that in the next chapter you'll get a weird/funny/lol/cool picture (most likely a gif) of something in the movies or of one of the actors. I personally really like this idea :)))And.... I had sorta writer's block (BLEHHHGH) but now I'm 2 (almost 3) chapters ahead! 😌😳😁😛😍 YAY! Have a lovely day! ❤️

-Hermione's clothes btw: