#58 Soulmate AU

#58 Soulmate AU

Inspired by hemmohshitson: AU where everyone is born with their soulmate’s name on their wrist (I freaking love this idea omg)

{You can find part 2 at #89}

Louis: “Where are you taking me, Zayn?” You grumbled as Zayn tugged you along through the crowd at the party. “There’s someone that I think you should meet, y/n. Don’t worry.” Finally, Zayn stopped when he approached a group filled with other boys. “Lads, this is my best friend, y/n,” For some reason he put extra emphasis on your name though you simply believed that it was your mind playing tricks on you. “Y/n?!” A short, blue-eyed, brunette said with wide eyes though he refused to take his eyes off of you. “Yeah. Y/n, this is Niall, Liam,” Zayn introduced you, going down the line, one by one. “Harry and, last but not least, Louis.” Louis. As soon as the words left Zayn’s mouth, your hand curled around your left wrist, tracing over the beautiful letters that have been there since you were born. It couldn’t be him, you thought. You’d been waiting to meet this man for so long but the chances of him actually having your name on his wrist, you knew, were very slim. The brunette then approached you, interrupting all of your worries. “God, Zayn’s been telling me so much about you, y/n.” Louis said, reaching up to tuck a piece of hair behind your ear. “It’s just so different when you actually meet the girl whose name has been engraved in my skin since the day I was born. You’re so much more beautiful then Zayn described you as.” Louis fingers traced down your jaw before he moved to skim across his name engraved on your wrist in elegant letters. “Hi.” He declared, releasing your wrist as he held his hand out in front of him, waiting for you to shake it. “I’m Louis.” You giggled quietly before moving your hand to grasp onto his. “Y/n.”

Liam: “So, Liam,” The blonde interviewer said, “How long have you known your current girlfriend, y/n?” As soon as the interviewer mentioned you, a smile, that was capable of lighting up an entire room, appeared on his face. “I’ve actually known y/n all of my life. My mother and her mother have been best friends for so long and that’s why they were overjoyed when we were born with each other’s name on our wrists.” By the time Liam finished, there was a slight blush on his face when the other boys began to snicker. “But you’re older, right Liam?” The interviewer questioned and Liam nodded, waiting for her to continue. “So didn’t y/n’s mother know what name was on your wrist already and that could have been the reason she chose y/n’s name?” Liam, who was slightly offended that the women thought this way, shook his head. “My mother was in a different country at the time. Y/n and I didn’t actually meet until I was 3 and she was 2.” “Yeah,” Niall agreed, his arm resting on Liam’s shoulder as he spoke. “And they are absolutely perfect for each other.” “It’s almost sickening how cute they are together.” Louis added jokingly, causing Liam’s blush to darken.

Niall: “Now,” Your health teacher said, clapping her hands together to make sure she has the class’ attention. “Who here was already found the person who’s name is on your wrist and your name is engraved on theirs? Basically, who in this class has already found their soulmate?” Almost everyone, but you and about 4 other people, stood up. “Okay, for all of you who have already found your soulmate; Congratulations. Now, you 5, we have a program at this school where we can help you locate this special person. One by one, we’ll take you to my office and see if we can help you in any way.” The blonde boy, who was sitting in the back of the class room who rarely even talks, raised his hand, interrupting the teacher. “What if we already know who our soulmate is but they don’t?” “Well, Niall,” Niall? You quickly glanced down at your wrist to make sure that you weren’t going insane. Could he really be your soul mate? The boy who never, ever, talked in class. “Care to explain, Niall? I don’t quite understand what you mean.” The boy, Niall, sighed, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair. “I already know who my soul mate is but, the problem is, she doesn’t know that she is my soulmate.” “There’s not much we can do to help you then; you’ll just have to tell her on her own. I’m sorry.” The teacher sighed, feeling bad because she couldn’t help the shy boy. The bell rang and everyone grabbed their things and left; including Niall. You ran down the halls, trying to catch up to him. When you finally did, your hand wrapped around his forearm, causing him to stop walking and turn to face you. “You’re Niall? As in, the Niall I’ve been waiting practically my entire life to meet?” He nodded bashfully, focusing his attention on the floor rather then you. You felt your heart race when Niall turned his wrist for you to see that your name was indeed tattooed there. “And you’re y/n. The y/n I’ve been waiting all my life to notice me.” You heart dropped when you saw the sadness in his eyes. “Let me make it up to you then. Come to my house tonight. I’ll make us dinner and we can get to know each other…”

Zayn: He was the school bad ass and just knowing that his name was the one on your wrist, terrified you. No matter what, you always kept wrist covered with a bracelet and out of his sight. Zayn though, always pestered you, knowing very well that your name was on his wrist but not knowing if the name was directed towards you because no one ever say your wrist. Of course, Zayn knew, it could be someone else who had the same name as you that was his soulmate but that still wouldn’t explain why you always made sure that your wrist was concealed. “I’ll make you a deal.” Zayn said, pulling a chair next to your as you sat in the corner of a coffee shop with your laptop in front of you. “What do you want, Zayn? I’m trying to study and I don’t need you here pestering me when I’m attempting to focus.” “The deal is; if I help you study and you get an A, you have to show me whose name is marked on your wrist.” You gulped, Zayn may have been a complete asshole but, you had to admit, he was extremely intelligent. He barely even has to try yet he usually gets A’s on everything. Reluctantly, you agreed and spent almost the entire night at the coffee shop studying, finally leaving when the manager kicked you both out, claiming that “They closed half-an-hour ago.” The next day, you had the test which seemed to go pretty smoothly, though a certain part of you was silently praying that you would fail so that you didn’t have to tell Zayn the truth that you’d been hiding for so long. “How’d that test go, y/n?m” Zayn smirked, sitting next to you at the coffee shop once again. “Don’t know. Haven’t gotten it back yet.” “Check online then. Because once you actually decide to admit that you’re mine, I’m taking you on a date. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been planning this date for.” Your heart seemed to flutter at his words. Maybe he isn’t as much of a jerk as I believed he was, you thought as you went to check the school website for your grade. You seemed to hold your breath every moment as you waited for the page to load. With Zayn peering over your shoulder, a prideful grin on his face when he saw your grade; a 96—an A. Zayn pulled on your chair slightly to turn you to face him, tugging your bracelet off. “I knew it.” He mumbled when his suspicions were confirmed, a loving smirk on his face the entire time. “Now,” He declared, standing up and pulling you to stand with him. “We go on our first, official, date.” 

Harry: You stumbled back into the bakery where you had been the entire morning, desperately looking for the necklace that you’d seem to have lost. You looked everywhere for it but you couldn’t find it. This bakery was your last hope at finding it as you looked for it everywhere. The necklace meant everything to you and everyone in the bakery seemed to give you a strange look as then noticed your frantic searching. “Miss,” A young man said, tapping on your shoulder gently, causing you to turn around. “May I ask what exactly you’re looking for?” You noticed just how tall this boy actually was when you turned around. “I was here earlier,” You began, slightly out of breath. “And I lost a necklace. I’ve searched absolutely everywhere for it but it’s not there. So, if it’s not here, they it’ll be gone forever and I’ll be heartbroken.” The boy, Harry—from what his name tag said, nodded in understanding. “Is it a locket on a silver chain?” You nodded your head. “It’s in the back room, sweetheart. I found it earlier and kept it safe unless something like this happened.” After thanking him, he went in back to retrieve it. “Thank you.” You said as he handed it back to you, holding your hand out to take it though he quickly grasped your wrist. “Is your—Is your name y/n?” You nodded your head, waiting to see how he knew this, him still gripping onto your wrist as he spoke. “Well then, Y/n, I’m Harry and I guess we’re soulmates…” He said awkwardly, holding out his wrist next to yours, allowing you to see that your names were actually on each other’s wrist. “If you’d let me, I’d love to take you out on a date after my shift ends.” You nodded your head, a genuine smile on your face, happy to finally meet the person that you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with.