None of us deserved this (END 1/3)

"Yeol?"

Everything happened so fast.

"Answer me, Yeol."

Nothing seemed to make sense as Baekhyun leaned towards his friend's limp body.

"B-Baek." He heard a mumbled, snapping out of it Baekhyun blinked. He forced his legs to move closer to his friend, his lover.

"Why..." he mumbled, kneeling down next to Chanyeol who was already bleeding out. Chanyeol reached a hand out to wipe the non-stopping tears running down Baekhyun's tainted cheeks.

"No, no you can't." he stuttered, Chanyeol smiled. A smile that will forever scar Baekhyun as he chuckled.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. Beyond all the screaming and yelling Baekhyun could only hear Chanyeol as his deep and husky voice called Baekhyun once more.

"You're almost shining; you know that?"

"Chanyeol-."

"The world really doesn't deserve you." A grin still plastered on Chanyeol's pale face as Baekhyun crouched next to the soldier, crying his heart out.

"Even your crying is music to my ears..." Baekhyun sobbed as he touched Chanyeol's cheeks, his fingers shaking.

"Please don't go..."

"Who said I was?" He asked, raising both brows slightly before taking a hold of Baekhyun hands that were still on his cheeks. Baekhyun shook his head as he felt the blood seep on his pants.

"What do I do, what do I do, tell me Chanyeol what do I do?" Baekhyun cried. Chanyeol never took his eyes off of Baekhyun. Not even once. He blinked and remembered so many things.

How much they've been through together.

How much they knew of each other.

How many times he's seen Baekhyun cry.

How many times Baekhyun had seen him cry his heart out.

How many times they told each other 'I love you'.

How many times they've kissed.

"I don't want to make this dramatic, Baek." Chanyeol giggled, shifting his head so he's facing Baekhyun.

"I wished I savored all the moments with you just a little bit more." Baekhyun continued to sob as he pressed against Chanyeol's wound.

"Baekhyun look at me." It came out as a sob, finally, Baekhyun stopped, dropping his hands. Time seemed to stop as the lovers began to say their last goodbyes.

"Promise me you won't forget about me." Tears came rushing out suddenly as Chanyeol tried to contain his emotions. This is the last time he's going to see Baekhyun. Whether happy or not.

"I told you I'd give you a happy ending from the beginning, didn't I?" Baekhyun's breath caught in his throat, he stared down at his lover as Chanyeol looked up.

"I'll see you someday, right?" Baekhyun asked, his voice quivering as Chanyeol hiccupped.

"Yeah, we'll meet again."

"I'll make sure to wear insoles the next time we see each other, okay?" Baekhyun sobbed, Chanyeol forced a laugh out as he touched his forehead against Baekhyun's.

"No matter how high your insoles are you won't be able to get up to my level, idiot." Baekhyun gulped.

"I guess I'll see you again." Chanyeol coughed, reaching his pinky out. Baekhyun took it without hesitation.