A Love Rival

A love story is not complete without the story of how the lovers met.

Let's bring it back before Yoongi left Taehyung before they moved in together before they even knew each other existed.

"Arugh!" Yoongi turned his head and threw another punch right at the man's kidney. He dropped to his knees with a thud.

Yoongi sighed and dropped his cigarette, stepping on it. (Don't smoke kids.)

"Are we done?" He mumbled, wiping the blood off of his pale cheeks. There was only silence in the warehouse except the groaning and grunting of the beaten up gang members.

"I'll take that as a yes."

-

Taehyung swung his legs as he leaned back on the park bench, breathing in the chilling air. He's stuck here for the night.

Again.

His dad's back in town again and is throwing a tantrum with mum.

He wiped his eyes and looked up.

He'll get used to this.

The moonlight shined down, brightening Taehyung's brown hair into a caramel color. The sound of waves washing on the sandy beach put a grin on Taehyung's face. The ocean looked gray-blue and choppy, and the air temperature had dropped about fifteen degrees. Seagulls wheeled above the waves, cawing, and Taehyung almost wanted to join them.

'Meow~' Taehyung's eyes flew opened and looked behind him, between the bushes. His eyes blinked curiously as the 13-year-old boy stepped over branches, squeezing between bushes.

"Oh." An unfamiliar face looked up and tilted his head. Next to the boy lied a box, a kitten peeked its head out and purred.

The first thing Taehyung noticed was how white his hair was, including his lashes and eye brows. He had a bloody nose, bruises, and a black eye. He cleared his throat worriedly and kneeled down next to the boy.

"It's very skinny, isn't it?" The boy hid his eyes behind his snow white bangs timidly and nodded.

"Why is your-." The boy looked up and side eyed Taehyung, but then put on a smug grin.

"It's a disease...it turns all my hair to white, but no side effects. Also, don't worry about the blood, I'm not a violent person." Taehyung nodded with a sloppy grin on his face.

"Here." He offered him a tissue as he took it, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Ah,...it seems really skinny...even without its mother's milk, I think regular milk should do." Taehyung mumbled, mostly to himself. He glanced at the beaten up snowy boy.

"Are you going to bring him home?" Taehyung asked, the boy nodded again and brought the box close to him and stood up. Then Taehyung realized how much taller he was.

"I'm Yoonhyun." He breathed, giving Taehyung a lopsided smile.

"I'm Taehyung."

-

"What are you doing out here this late?" Yoonhyun asked. The two boys strolled alongside the water, once in a while their shoulder would brush against each other. He was at least a head taller than Taehyung, he looked up and gave him a gummy smile.

"Don't have anywhere else to go." Yoonhyun was taken back for a second before clearing his throat.

"I don't think it's safe for a 12-year-old to be out here this late." Taehyung puffed out his cheeks.