One final battle

"So you're leaving again?" Taehyung stood in front of Yoonhyun, after all those years Yoonhyun was still one entire head taller than him. Taehyung lifted his chin to meet his grey eyes.

"Duty calls." He joked, Taehyung managed to chuckle, he went up to the older and straightened his jacket collar.

"I wished I could've told you sooner," Yoonhyun whispered, Taehyung stopped and dropped his hands slowly to his sides.

"I wondered if that would've changed anything." Taehyung worried his bottom lip and looked down at Yoonhyun's chest.

"You know I still-."

"Yoonhyun." Taehyung interrupted the older, his gaze still held steadily at his chest.

"I...you know I'm already-."

"I know." Taehyung's head shot up and the image tugged at his heart. Yoonhyun's eyes were full of tears and sorrow, he lets his white strands of hair fall in front of his eyes. (Habit from Yoongi.) His eyes said sadness but a grin spread across his face.

"I know just a bit too well." Taehyung sighed, he reached up to wipe the tears away from Yoonhyun's pale face.

"You're still important to me, you know that right?" Yoonhyun's eyes became lines as the smile widened.

"Yeah."

"Yeah." The two of them stood across from each other. Even though they were so close they felt so far at the same time. The two best friends who just met like fate are now being separated again. And probably for good this time. Yoonhyun's grip tightened around his duffle bag strap and sighed when the train stopped with a screech.

"I guess this is goodbye." He breathed, his chin tucked in. Taehyung was searching for his eyes for the last time, he lifted Yoonhyun's chin and met his eyes once more.

"It's never goodbye, promise me that you're coming back." Yoonhyun's eyes swelled with tears again.

He shook his head and leaning forwards until their forehead touched.

"I can't make promises that I can't keep, Tae." He admitted Taehyung was too absorbed in the response to realized that Yoonhyun's lips were on his.

Taehyung's face flushed, he pushed Yoonhyun away with more force than he intended and staggered back. He stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Farewell." Was the last thing he heard from Yoonhyun. Taehyung got himself together and looked up at Yoonhyun's back figure as he walked gracefully up the stairs. His white hair was wavy in the wind and the shoulders he was so familiar with swayed as he walked.

There wasn't a thing Taehyung didn't know about Yoonhyun.