Chapter 22: The Big Day...

Start from the beginning

"Yes baby, mommy's getting married to Ryan today." I smile before my mom took Aiden from my hands. Just as we're doing the finishing touches I hear a tap at the door, watching with a grin as my father floods the room.

"If you all wouldn't mind, this is a family matter. I need to speak to my wife, daughter, and Cassidy alone please." My father states, his Alpha voice filling the room as everyone makes their exit. "I think you all may want to sit down." My father states strongly an I slowly lower myself into the makeup seat as Cassidy and my mother take the small love-seat placed in the corner, Aiden on Cassidy's lap. 

"Daddy is something wrong?" I ask, my voice filled with worry as my father's eyes land on me and light up.

"You look gorgeous sweetheart, and I am so sorry." He frowns, and I can already feel my heart shaking inside my chest. "We can't find Ryan. We've looked everywhere but he's nowhere to be found."

"When and where was the last time he was seen?" My mother asks as my eyes began to flood with tears, but I hold them back not wanting to cry in front of Aiden.

"He was seen in his dressing room earlier, no more than a hour and a half ago. He said he was going outside for a walk, but... he never came back." My father explains. "We've called his cellphone and sent out a search party, but so far there's been no progress. We can't even pick up on his scent."

"Which means he doesn't want to be found." I state dryly, anger suddenly stinging my heart as I stand up. My father's gaze turns from my mother and locks with my own. For a minute you can fill it in the air, the power of born Alpha's and anger, but I turn away and it dissolves just as quickly as it was created.

"Adala-" My father began, but for the first time in my life- I cut him off.

"No dad, I don't want to hear it. If he doesn't want to be found, then he wont be. If after everything, and basically forcing this marriage on me, he can walk out like this without an explanation. Then fine. Let him go." I frown before turning away from everyone. "Now I'd appreciate it, if you'd go. I need to think."

As everyone leaves the room, I slip out of my dress and allow it to fall to the floor with my tears. After all the planning, after he basically forced me into this wedding, and after the last 2 years of being with him... I can't believe he'd just walk out on me. I pull off all my accessories and place them on the makeup table, tugging down my up-do as my curls fall down carelessly. I wipe off my makeup, then... I look at myself in the full length mirror. My wolf growling inside me, begging to be let free, begging to for her mate. But I quiet her down and rub my belly, knowing that I'm free to transform during the first trimester of pregnancy but still not wanting to. 

Where did he go? Why did he just leave? Was he in danger or did he leave on his own free will? The question pierced into my thoughts as I flopped down onto the love-seat, pulling my knees up to my chest. The tears stopped abruptly and suddenly, I was too tired to care much at all. I quickly pulled on the clothes I was wearing before and then headed home, texting my mom that I was leaving. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adalaid?" Jason asked through the crack of my bedroom door. My eyes stayed glued to the computer screen in front of me, my hands clicking away as I look at house listings. It was about time I got my own place, just for me and Aiden... and of course my baby on the way. And after being left at the alter, I couldn't help but realize how much I needed to be on my own.

"Jason, come in." I sigh before giving him a forced grin. I click over and examine a 2 bedroom 1 bath not too far off, but deciding against it. "What's new?" I ask half heartily.

"Um, your dad thought it'd be best if I gave you the news."He sighed and I looked up at him expectantly. "We couldn't find Ryan's scent but... Not far from the exit we did find a scent. Multiple ones actually."

"D-Do you know who they belong to?" I ask closing my laptop shut and moving it to the side before giving Jason my full attention. "Tell me."

"We found at least several scents." Jason began to explain. "Four belonged to Rogues, we have a search party out looking for them. But the other three scents... They were familiar." He continued. "One was Eric, and the other two were from his pack."

"You don't think he had anything to do with this... Do you?" I asked, my head in a sudden buzz.

"We called Eric, he gave us his side of the story." Jason sighed. "He seemed genuinely concerned about you and asked if he could speak but your dad explain you'd asked to be left alone." 

"What was his explanation?"

"He had come wanting to see you, but didn't want to cross the line and was going to leave but got distracted. Ryan came out of the side door and caught him, they got into a altercation." He sighed. "Tempers rose and Eric was first to go wolf, they growled but... Things didn't get physical. Eric regained composure remembering how important the day was for you and dashed off just as Ryan was turning back into human form."

"Do you believe him?" I ask quietly.

"I don't think it matters what I think. After all, me and Eric haven't ever been what you'd call friends. What's important is that he didn't seem nervous or edgy, he didn'y coward from any questions, and he openly admitted to being there." Jason points out. "So for now, we're focusing on the rogues."

"Thank you Jason." I sigh as he leaves the room. I pick my laptop back up and do my best to put it all out of my head as I look at the next house. A 3 bedroom 2 bath with a garage and backyard. I groaned in frustration before closing my laptop and laying back on my bed. Aiden's quiet breathing from his crib filling the room as I crawl into my bed. Forcing myself into a deep slumber.

ADALAID'S WEDDING DRESS TO THE SIDE!!

Author's Note:

So I know this chapter could probably use heavy editing but I really wanted to give you guys something today. I really hope you guys like this either way though!! What do you guys think happened to Ryan? Do you think Eric's explanation in legitimate? Are you guys happy about what happened to the wedding or not? Be sure to comment down below, share the story to get it more popular, vote on it so I know if you like it or not... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY COMMENT!!! 

Thanks so much you guys, and until next time....

-Heaven Moore

~halohebby