Chapter #30 ~Sage~

5:33pm

"Can you guys seriously not go one day without causing more choas!" Bruce exclaims and collapses on his chair at the head of the table.

We all sat in the meeting room. The small room felt claustrophobic.  Willow sat across from me.  We made eye contact and she let out a sigh.  The dark circles under her eyes have intensified. 

Bruce scratches his head and leans back on his chair, "set your alarms for 4am. We will then train till dawn, but for now everyone sleep because it doesn't look like anyone slept last night.  You will need to be well rested for the fight."

With that he walks out of the room.  I look over to Joshua, sitting next to me.  I watch as he wipes away a tear on his cheek. Then he quickly speeds out of the room.

David lets out a long sigh and gets up, also leaving the room.  Lucas looks over at Jayce and the two brothers, (although not by blood- actually Jayce had no blood...) walk out of the room.

"Im worried about Joshua." I say to Willow.  We were the only two left in the room.

"He's too young for this... Seven. Seven years old." Willow responds, the look on her face showing absoloute disgust.

We sit in silence for a couple seconds longer before agreeing on both getting some shut eye. We walk down the halls once again in silence.  Although, in the silence there was a faint ringing noise, like a phone.

"Is that a phone? I didn't even know we had one." Willow starts to follow the sound. Sure enough a phone hung on the wall, ringing.  "Answer it." Willow pushes me closer to it.

I roll my eyes at her and pick it up, "Hello?"

"Hey Bruce- wait you're not Bruce. You don't even sound like Lucas or Jayce, who is this?" A female voice is on the other line.

"Um, this is Sage, may I ask who's speaking?" I question.  Willow looks at me puzzled and I mouth to her, I don't know who it is.

"Oh so you're one of the newbies. The vampire right?  How are you catching on to the vanpire life?" She ignores my question.

"Um great. Who are you?" I ask again more forcefully.

"Blaine Gatehouse. Just tell Bruce I called, I need speak with him about stuff in Granite Bay.  Bye." With that she hung up.

"Who was that?" Willow immediately asks.

"I have no clue. A girl named Blaine Gatehouse..." I shake my head confused.

"I'm too tired for this. Can we sleep." Willow whines.

I nod and we both walk to our bedrooms. I don't need to get changed as I was already in my pjamas. Whoever owned them before me, had a much larger frame as the shirt was so long it was like a dress.  I wore black leggings underneath though.

I climb into bed and try to sleep.

9:03pm

I tried to sleep but found it diffucult, knowing that at first light I could die. Jayce or Willow could die.  Anyone can, it was almost a guaranteed.  

I get up and walk out of my room. I walk down a couple doors and knock on one I've been familar with knocking on.

Jayce opens it, shirtless and groggy. "You okay?" He inquires, worry slipped into his voice.

"I can't sleep." I sigh.

He gestures for me to come in, which I do. He shuts the door behind me.  This has been routine for the past couple of nights.  Nightmares plagued me and sometimes I was too scared to sleep because of them. It was always the same dream. Every night.