Chapter #23 ~Willow~

It's been a day since Sage woke up and started getting the flashbacks.  I've watched her a couple times but Jayce usually looks after her to see if everything is alright.  Sage isn't passing out as much which means they may almost be finished.

Lucas and I are in the training area, we've been working on our skills a lot since there was nothing else to do.  Right now I'm sitting on the floor taking a break.

"How much longer do you think there is to go?" I ask randomly.

Lucas puts down the weight he was lifting and comes to sit with me.

"How much longer till what?" He asks taking a drink from a water bottle.

"Till all of this is over. When do you think the last fight will be? It's obvious that it's coming very soon." I explain myself.

"Oh, um... I would guess maybe about a week?" He answers the question casually.

"Are you scared?" I say looking at him.

He looks at me and sighs, "yes, kind of." He mumbles. 

"I am too." I'm afraid to lose someone.  It was obvious, blood was going to be shed. I couldn't imagine losing Sage, Lucas, Jayce, David and Joshua... Heck, it would be weird if something happened to Bruce and I've probably had one real conversation with him!

Lucas grabs my hand. His hand is surprisingly soft.

"I'm sure everything will be okay." He smiles at me and lets go of my hand, standing up.  "Do you want to go get some fresh air with me before the sun sets?" He offers.

I shrug and stand up with Lucas.  We walk out of the base and sure enough the sun was just starting to set.  The summer breeze hits my face.  It was probably the end of August, I can't even remember what day it was but school was probably approaching soon.  I would probably miss my entire grade twelve year.  Did Bruce teach?  Everyone at the base seemed well educated, do they go to school?  What school did Jayce go to?  Lucas and David were both finished high school,  David being twenty and Lucas being eighteen.  What school would Joshua go to? 

Lucas and I continue to walk deeper into the forest.  Even though I've been here for quite some time, I still had no idea where our base was located.  It was south from town but that's all I knew.  

"Okay,  so when do you think the flashbacks will stop?"  Lucas asks while kicking a stone.

"Jayce says they are happening less and less now, so they should be ending in about a day..."  I estimate.

Lucas nods and puts his hands in his jean pockets.  

"Is it weird, knowing that someone is living bits and pieces of your life, through your eyes?"  I ask.  

I never thought how weird it would be for Lucas and Joshua.  If Sage was looking though all my memories, even though she's been in most of them, I would still be freaked out a bit.  It was like a violation of privacy.

"Uh, yeah...  Definitely weird."  Lucas answers my question after thinking for a while.   

I was about to respond when a scream cuts me off.  Lucas looks at me, a glint of worry in his eyes.  We're immediately running through the woods.  Neither of us turn into a wolf because this could be just a regular human problem.   

I don't know how long we were running for.  Surprisingly I didn't get out of breath.  We finally reach the scene but we were too late.  An African-American girl was in the grasp of an extremely tall man.  His skin white as snow.  His fangs already had pierced her neck.  The girl seemed younger.  Her dark curly brown hair was tied in a high pony tail.  She wore dark blue shorts and a grey t-shirt.