Chapter #21 ~Jayce~

"Lucas you have been dismissed! Willow is going to the grocery store. Go with her." I say to Lucas who was sitting on a chair watching over Sage.

"Okay." He says not arguing.

Lucas gets up and walks out of the cell room.

"Not you again!" Sage groans.

"Wow, thanks." I sarcastically remark.

"Listen you're the one who put me in here!" She waves a finger at me.

I shake my head and decide not to speak.

"Can you maybe tell me, uh, about Sage?" Sage says after a while, which was weird to hear.

"What?" I say confused on what she wanted me to do.

"What was the old Sage like?" She says getting up and stretching her legs.

"Sage didn't take any bull shit from anyone." I say almost laughing, remembering the time she punched Adrian in the face.

"What was her relationship with that brunette girl?" She plays with her hair.

"Best friends, well, from what I could see. You two came here together and seemed to have known each other for a long time." I explain.

I never really asked for the history behind those two but when they first came to the base Sage was asking if Willow would be alright since she was in bad condition. She said that Willow was her best friend and she couldn't loose her.

"Did we have any relationship?" Sage says leaning up against the bar.

I try not to smile besides the uncomfortable vibe. 

"When you got here you and I immediately became friends." I say, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Were we anything ever more then friends?" She says, not making eye contact.

"Um, well we shared a kiss." I say now really uncomfortable talking about this.

"Really?" She says looking up at me.

For a moment our eyes meet. Her green eyes seem hazy.

I laugh nervously, "yeah."

Sage walks away from the bars that separated us and leans up against the back wall. I get up sit, my back up against the bars. I feel something else leans in the bars right behind me.

"Are Sage and I any different from each other?" Her voice is quiet.

"Yes."

"How?" I feel the pressure come off of the bars. I turn around to see Sage sitting with her legs crossed, facing me. I mimic her.

"Sage actually knew who I was, and Willow and Lucas and David..." I say trying not to laugh at my lame joke.

"Ha. Ha." She pauses, "I'm being serious you know."

"Okay fine, Sage and you aren't that different. You are not different at all in fact cause I know Sage is still in there and just because you lost your memory your entire personality isn't going to change." I look at my running shoes.

"I'm thirsty, give me something to drink." She demands suddenly, changing the subject.

I glare at her before getting up and grabbing a blood bottle. I hand it to her.

"What is this. It looks like blood!" She exclaims. She proceeds to smell it and gags.

I drink out of my own bottle. "That's because it is blood."