Chapter #28 ~Sage~

I walk through the forest finding absolutely nothing.  No animals were even in sight! I shiver from the cold wind and start walking back to our meetup spot that Jayce, Willow and I agreed on. 

When I arrive I already see Jayce pacing back and forth. "Where's Willow?" She wasn't any where in sight.

Jayce shakes his head, "no idea.  Should we just wait for her?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

I nod and sit down on the fallen tree that Jayce was previously sitting on.  Together we wait for Willow to come back.

And wait.

And wait.

She never comes.

"We should go search for her." I decide, standing up from the tree becoming impatient.

"We should go searsh for her?" Jayce tilts his head, a grin displayed on his face.

Ever since I've become a vampire I have developed a lisp.  When Adrian was still on the team he told me it was completely normal since our fangs are too large for the regular human mouth.  After a while most vampires learn how to talk normally again. This could take a couple weeks for some, or a couple months for others. 

When I first met Jayce he made the point that he had to tease me for it.

"Shut up and let's go!" I sigh.

"Shut up and lesh go!" He mocks me jokingly.

I punch him gently  and we start to head in the direction Willow did. After only a few minutes of walking in silence Jayce taps me on the shoulder. 

"I'm guessing she followed those." Jayce points to a trail of giant pawprints.

"Yeah, that would make sense." I say looking over at Jayce.  His dark hair seemed to somehow avoid all sunlight.  His skin seemed more pale then usual.

We follow the paw prints long enough for me to lose track of time.  Sure enough they led to absolutely no where.

"They just stop, dead in their tracks..." Jayce mumbles to himself.

I start looking to see where they could've possibly went.  Without looking I go to take a step forward to look behind a tree when Jayce speeds over to me and pulls me back.

"Do you look where you're going?" Jayce scolds me, pointing to a giant gaping hole in the ground, at least 7ft deep.  A rope hung over the side and into the hole.

"Do you think Willow fell into it?" I question.

"Yeah, but it looks like she got help out." Jayce walks over and picks up the rope.

"Maybe we should look for more clues?" I look at all the things littering the forest floor.  There was a rock with red liquid on it. Blood.

I walk over and pick it up, "you don't think..." I don't even finish my sentence and Jayce is already nodding.

"How does she always get in these situations?" I curse tossing the rock back on the ground.

Jayce shakes his head, "no clue... Do you think if we start howling she'll reply?"

I sigh, "Jayce! This is not the time to joke around!" I laugh a little bit then resume to my serious tone. "How could we even track her...?"

Jayce mimics my sigh and rubs his face, "well, we could just walk in the direction that the paw prints led in.  That would probably be our best bet..." He trails off as if thinking of any other possibilities.