Chapter #26 ~Sage~

I could feel the tears, wanting to fall down my cheeks, but I didn't​ allow any to fall. Not right now. 

We got to the base fairly quickly.  I stood by my parents who seemed to try and distance themselves from me.  They seemed ashamed of me.  We sat on the training room floor.  My parents and Willow's, sat across from the group.

"Are you going to explain yet?" Willow's dad was fuming. I've seen him mad before, but never this mad.

"We're waiting for Lucas, Willow, Joshua and Ella to come back." Jayce spoke, using the most respectful voice he could.

"And who are you?" My dad demanded.

Jayce sat up a little straighter, "Uh- My name is Jayce, sir." He says, his voice wavering.

After a painfully awkward couple of minutes, Lucas and Willow walk in. Willow stares at her shoes, her eyes puffy and red. Lucas walks next to her, not daring to lift his eyes from the ground.

"Where is Ella and Joshua?" David pipes up.

"Watching over Willow's brother." Lucas says to David and then turns to Willow's parents, "I'm sorry Mr. and Ms. Page, we are doing every thing we can." 

Willow's mom nods, tears still streaming down her face, a kleenex in her hand.

"I bring drinks." Lucas talks again, throwing us some blood.  He tries to offer water to Willow and mine's parents but is awarded with death glares.

"What are you drinking?" My mom asks me as I drink the blood. I could feel energy returning to me.

"I-um..." How do I put this gently...?

"It's blood." David says, drinking some water.

No reply.  I close the lid the the bottle and gently place it back on the ground.

"Okay, so you guys, obviously earn an explanation." I say to the parents.

Still no reply.

"Let me explain how it all started." Willow says sitting down, her voice shook.

Then Willow explained everything from the moment we snuck out to the party to the moment of the café.  Every detail she could recall. All the deaths we've had to encounter. All the injuries, fights. Everything.  Well almost everything... She didn't include the clear relationships going on.   Lucas and Willow sat fairly close together, but not daring to look at each other. Jayce sat next to me, drinking the rest of the blood in his bottle.

"So those things that killed my son are vampires?" Willow's mom speaks, after quieting her sobbing.

"Yes." Lucas nods.

"And my daughter is a vampire? Willow a werewolf?" My dad asks.

We all nod.

"And who is in charge here? Who watches over all of you?" My mom asks.

"Bruce is usually here, but when he is not I am in charge, since I've been at the base the longest." Lucas confirms.

"How long have you been here?" Willow's dad asks, crossing his arms.

"Since I was five years old." Lucas answers.

No replies after that, not knowing what to say.

"What happened!" Bruce suddenly barges in making some of us jump.

"Who are you?" My parents and Willow's echo each other.

"My name is Bruce. I am the leader at the base." He turns to us. "Explanation. Now."