Chapter #1 ~Willow~

*2 years ago*

"Late. As usual.." My best friend, Sage whispers to me as I walk into math class.

"I was held up. My younger brother was throwing a tantrum this morning and wouldn't go to day care." I explain.

"Sure-" Sage starts to say but is interrupted my our teacher giving us detention for talking in class. Great....

~~~

The day was finally over and detention was done and over with. Sage and I walk out together complaining about our strict teacher.

"Do you still want to go to the party tonight?" Sage asks me.

"My parents are so going to ground me for getting detention. Not a chance." I say looking at my blonde friend. Her curly long hair looked like it hasn't been brushed and her green eyes shimmered with rebellion.

"Just sneak out." She says to me.

"I don't know... my parents wouldn't fall for it." I say shaking my head.

"You have to try!" Sage pleads.

"I didn't say I'm not going to try." I reply arriving at my house.

Later that night I start stuffing pillows to make it look like I'm in bed. I then open my window and climb out onto the roof. I look down at the drop. It wasn't too high but it was high enough to make my stomach churn with my fear of heights. I jump down and almost roll making it a smooth landing. I look around. Sage told me she would meet me outside by my house. Hands then suddenly grab my arms.

"Sage. Ha ha. Let's go!" I say turning around to see Sage's disappointed face that she didn't scare me.

After about 5 minutes of walking we come to a park. We could either go through the park which was really dark because it has so few street lights and was surrounded by forest or go around which would be an extra 20 minutes. It was a very large park.

"Yes or no?" Sage asks reading my mind.

"Yes." I say completely unsure of my decision and Sage and I start walking through the dark park.

"Boo!" Sage says attempting to scare me. Again.

"Bro, just stop." I say with a laugh.

"W-willow. What is that?" Sage says tapping my shoulder over and over again pointing into the distance.

She wasn't trying to scare me this time. There was actually a human in the distance.

"Sage, that's a human." I say in a voice you would talk to a four year old like.

I looked over at the human, when it started to shrink and scream and then suddenly it was a wolf.
The first thing that came to mind was, it could possibly be a werewolf even though they weren't real...

"Did you see that! He just turned into a w-wolf!" Sage said.

We weren't walking anymore. Both of us were frozen in place.

"Sage. Is it a full moon tonight?" I asked hinting her. Sage caught on and we suddenly started bolting the other way.

Behind us howling and snarling echoed. I could hear the wolf behind us running. It's paws pounding on the brick road through the park. My heart was beating out of my chest. Then a sudden force was pushed on my back knocking the air out of me sending me flying forward. The wolf is on my back. Sage is trying to get it off but it keeps snapping at her. I flip around so I'm laying on my back and the wolf is in my face. I grab a stick from near by and force it in front of me keeping the wolf back from biting off my head. The wolf is restraining the stick when SNAP the stick breaks and I'm forced to start going back still on the ground attempting to run away from this werewolf- thing. Pain shoots up my arm. The wolf has successfully bit me in the arm. My arm starts tingling with what feels like poison. Was it venom? Could this possibly be a werewolf? Then the werewolf backs off and starts running into the woods but before its in the woods completely I watch it turn back into a human man and the human man continues to run.