Fireworks

I walked down the street with Bill. We were both silent. I was staring at my feet, and he stared up at the sky. We had small conversations every now and then, but since he was kinda awkward, and I didn't know what to talk about, we were mostly silent.

      "S-so, uh...how are you?" I asked him, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

    "I'm f-fine, it's h-hard to adjust to my life being n-normal again..." I heard Bill's voice fade away. I raised an eyebrow, and turned around. He wasn't there. What the...

     "Bill?" I asked. No response. I frowned, and turned around. A bouquet of bright red roses were shoved under my nose, an even redder Bill behind them.

     "H-here....sorry if I m-made you worry, I-I wanted to get you actual f-flowers..." he laughed sheepishly. I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       The little girl's small black shoes clicked against the ground as she ran to her best friend. His face lit up when he saw her, and he shoved a handful of blue flowers at her. The flowers had dirt attached, and were obviously just yanked from the ground, but, nonetheless, the girl's heart fluttered. She smiled widely, taking them.

       "Thanks!" She giggled.

     "It was really n-nothing!" The boy replied. He girl kissed his cheek.

   "Let's get married!" She smiled a toothy grin. The boy laughed, heat rising to his cheeks.

      "Silly, we can't get m-married now! Ask me later, w-when we're 20!" He chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        My eyes shone, a hint of tears in them. Jesus, I really love him don't I? I smiled, grabbing the flowers and hugging Bill tightly. He laughed, hugging me back. I sniffed the flowers. Sweet. I held the flowers in one hand, Bill holding the other one. My cheeks went red, and my smile got wider, a nervous giggle escaping my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Okay! When we're 20, you can marry me!" The girl said. The boy smiled, and knelt down on the pavement, pulling some chalk out of a box that the school provided. The girl stared in anticipation over the boy's shoulder, as he drew a beautiful couple: a girl in a long, lacy, flowing dress, accompanied with a veil. And a boy, wearing a black tux, complete with a red rose on the breast pocket.

"What is it?" The girl asked.

"Us. Getting m-married."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        A slow smile crept onto my face, and I took one of the roses, hooking it onto Bill's shirt. He laughed softly, blushing.

     "What, are we g-getting m-m-married?" He joked. I laughed. That wouldn't be so bad... We walked down the hill on the field, hand-in-hand. He stopped at the middle of the hill, and lied down, so that he was at an incline, and patted the spot next to him. I lied down next to him, not letting go of his hand. We were both staring at the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      There was a snarky laugh from behind the two. They turned, the bully in their class standing behind them, a smirk plastered on his face. The girl huffed.

      "You two?! That looks like two trolls getting married!" The boy laughed.

       "Okay, then we'll have a troll themed wedding!" The girl giggled. The stutter boy nodded in approval.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "The stars look amazing." I muttered, the sparkling white orbs causing my heart to flutter. Bill turned over to me.

     "Y-you look amazing...." he said softly. Heat rose to my cheeks. I turned to him. He sat up, smiling at me. I sat up also,  my eyes meeting his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           The bully snorted, "that's a stupid wedding idea! That's a wedding idea for losers!" He said. The girl grinned, wrapping her arm around her brunette-haired friend.

       "Well, we are losers, aren't we?" She asked.

    "S-sure are." The stutter boy muttered. The bully groaned, stomping away in defeat. The boy and girl laughed at each other. No, with each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The fireworks started in my stomach before they started in the air.

   "Thanks...you're really too sweet." I said, smiling. I used one hand to prop myself up, the other one holding the flowers. Bill rested his hand on top of mine. My eyes flickered to our hands, then back up. I felt myself moving closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         The girl intertwined her hand with the boy. They were young. But not too young. They didn't feel love, but they felt a lot of like. Not strong enough to be love yet.

       "I think your drawings beautiful!" She giggled. The boy smiled.

    "I think you're beautiful!!" He exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       My lips pressed against his. I dropped my flowers, tangling my hand into his hair. He gently placed his hands on my waist, tilting his head so we were closer together. I put my other hand in his hair, lightly tugging it. His breath caught, but he moved his lips at perfect sync with mine. I smiled into the kiss.

Bam!

      Fireworks of many colors exploded behind us. Yet we didn't pull away. Nothing mattered at the moment. It was me and him. Bill and Amy.

Always.

                                                            The end