Close

Bill's POV ((for once))

I felt a light dripping on my face, causing me to wake up. Stared up at the ceiling, and sighed. It was dripping again. I swung my legs to the side of the bed, and my toe touched something. I raised an eyebrow, and looked down, my eyes being caught by Amy's peaceful sleeping face. She looked so calm. So sweet. I smiled softly, and got up, being careful not to hurt her, and walking out to the closet to get a bucket. I saw some light in the corner of my eye, making me turn around. The light was on in Georgie's room. I felt a familiar pang of dread, and I swallowed a lump in my throat, slowly walking to Georgie's room. My hand reached the light switch, and I was about to turn it off, when my eye caught something. Something green. My eyes filled with tears, and I walked over to Georgie's nightstand, picking up a Lego turtle that Georgie made me. I sat on his bed, holding the turtle. Tears started running down my cheeks, as I stared down at it. Why...why him.

A giggle coming from outside the room snapped me away from my thoughts, and I looked up, a quick flash of yellow catching my eye.

"Georgie...." I whispered, and followed which way the tiny footsteps went. I reached the kitchen, and looked into the doorway, my eyes searching for that yellow color. A giggle reached my ears, and a yellow figure ran past me, startling me. I gasped, and dropped the Lego turtle. The yellow figure ran down the stairs, to the basement. Without thinking, I followed.

Amy's POV

I awoke to the crashing sound of something hitting the floor. I jumped up, and I lightly poked where Bill should be, not looking at him

"Bill...Bill..." I whispered, slapping his bed. I realized that when my hand went down onto the bed, I didn't feel anything. I spun my head around, and saw he wasn't there. Panic immediately rose in my chest, and my heart started pounding. My whispers turned to quiet shouts. "Bill! Bill!" I ran out of the room, and saw him walking into the kitchen. I started walking faster. "Bill!" He started to walk towards the basement. I reached my hand out to him, but the door slammed behind him. The panic got heavier.

"BILL!" I smacked the door softly, but stopped, listening in to what was happening. I heard nothing but muffled voices. I heard Bill's, and...someone else's. I started to shake, trying to open the door. It was locked. This isn't happening...no, no, not him. I was forcing myself to take deep breaths. I was starting to calm down, that is, until I heard him scream. My eyes widened, and I furiously tried to open the door, pounding on it.
"BILL! OPEN THE DOOR, BILL!!" I took a couple steps back, ready to kick the door down.

Right when I was about to raise my leg, the door flew open, and Bill ran straight into me, knocking us both onto the floor, Bill landing on top of me. Usually, I would be totally flustered, considering our position. But at that moment, when Bill had his arms wrapped around me, sobbing violently into my chest. I lay there, my eyes wide, my mouth open slightly. Once I processed what was going on, I hesitantly wrapped my arms around Bill, causing him to cry harder. I squeezed him tightly, my face in his hair. At that moment. And only that moment...

We were closer than we had ever been.