IT

There was a parade going on in town, which Richie thought would be a perfect time to make a fool out of himself. He grabbed one of the marchers trumpets, and starting making loud, unnecessary noises with it. I rolled my eyes, and met up with the rest of the losers, who were hanging out in an alley nearby, staring at a missing poster.

      "They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stan said, gulping. I bit my lip. Bill moved forward, and ripped the poster off the wall. When it came off, another missing poster was under it.

     "It's like they've f-f-forgotten about her...b-b-because he's missing...." Bill muttered.

   "What the fuck, dude?!" Richie huffed as the marcher yanked the trumpet from him. I smiled slightly. He somehow always made me feel better.

     "Is it ever gonna end...?" Stan whispered. Eddie walked over, holding two ice cream cones, and handing one to Richie.

"What're you guys talking about?"

  "What they always talk about." Richie rolled his eyes.

   "I....I actually think it will end." Ben said. Everyone looked at him. "For a little while, at least." Beverly raised an eyebrow.

     "What do you mean?" She asked.

"So I was going over all my Derry research, and I charted out all the big events: The Ironworks explosion in 1909, the Bradly gang in '37, and the black spot in '62, and now kids being........I realized this stuff seems to happen every-" "27 years." Bill cut him off. My head turned to look at him. We were all silent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       "Sooooo...lemme get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like, a year, and then what? It goes back into hibernation?" Eddie huffed, not understanding the concept.

     "Maybe it's like....what should I call it....cicadas?" Stan wondered. Mike shook his head.

     "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happen in this town is because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." He said. I was just shaking my head slowly.

      "This...this....it...it's...." I could barely get out a sentence. I gulped, and stayed silent.

  "But it can't be one thing." Stan said. "We all saw something different.."

     "Maybe it knows what's scares us most and that's what we see." Mike said. I nodded. That makes sense...

      "I....I bet...." I muttered. Bill turned towards me.

    "What did y-y-you see, Amy?" He asked. I shuddered.

     "I-I-I saw...I saw Beverly...but...but she...she took a knife...and-and the kife...w-with the clown...a-and she...with the...and her neck...and-and her head..and-" Bill motioned for me to stop, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

     "Why don't you just t-t-tell us your fear...we could all say our f-f-fears." Bill said. I nodded, thankful that I didn't have to explain the whole thing.

   "I-I'm afraid of watching someone I love die." I said, looking down.

   "I saw a leper. It was like a walking infection." Eddie mumbled.

    "I'm scared of growing up..." Beverly said.((there, I fixed it, are you all pleased? :) ))

   "A headless boy. All ripped up." Ben shuddered.

   "I lost my parents to a fire. They were screaming, yelling for me. And then they were gone. It haunts me." Mike said.

    "There's this painting at my temple...of...of a woman-""is she hot?""NO! RICHIE, SHE IS NOT HOT! HER FACE IS ALL....all...messed up." Stan looked down. "None of this....none of this makes any sense!" He yelled. I put my hand on his shoulder, and squeezed it lightly, reassuring him.

      "They're all like bad dreams." Ben said.

     "I don't think so-I-I know the difference between...bad dreams and real life." Mike said, shaking his head.

       I turned to Richie.

  "Richie, what are you scared of...?" I asked. He looked over to a stage.

".....clowns."