Take me home

I took a step back, my hand squeezing Bill's shirt. The clown ran toward us. I grabbed both Bill and Richie's hands, and ran to Eddie. Bill and Richie went on either side of him, and I crouched down in front of him, we were all staring at the clown, who was slowly walking towards us, his claws growing. Eddie was screaming. Richie grabbed his face and made him look at him. Bill's hand was tightly grabbing my shoulder, and I had an arm wrapped around Eddie. The clown slowly opened its mouth, showing all its teeth. God...oh god it had a lot of teeth. I started to sob, my back pressing against Bill's waist. He kneeled down and wrapped his arms around me protectively, yet he was shaking madly. Richie and Eddie were yelling. At the clown, and at each other. The clown was about to charge, when-

         "HYAAAAAAAAA-!!!!" Beverly charged at the clown, shoving a sharp stick straight into his head. My eyes widened. The clowns face contorted, twisting. Beverly ran towards us, and we all focused of Eddie's arm. The clown turned around, a huge stick now all the way through his head. I started sobbing louder. The clown jumped at us, and we all screamed. It spun around, clawing Ben's stomach.

       "Let me fix it!" Richie said. Reaching towards Eddie's arm.

"No! Do nOT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" Eddie screeched. Beverly had her hands covering her face, watching the clown come closer. I grabbed Eddie's face and turned him towards me.

     "It's okay, Eddie. Youll be okay. Your arm is going to be okay. Richie is going to fix it. You're fine." I reassured him. He started nodding.

     "Okay, okay, okay I'm okay, I'm o-OW! FUCK!" Richie jtwisted his arm back to where it was supposed to be. We all turned to the clown, who stumbled, and walked backwards into a closet, closing the door. Bill ran after it.

"BILL! BILL WE GOTTA GO!!!" I screamed after him, still sobbing.

"WE GOTTA HELP EDDIE!" Richie yelled. Bill ran back upstairs.

     We all ran out of the house, Bill still latched onto me. We were met by the slam of a car door, and Mrs.K running towards us.

"My baby! I knew you were all some sick freaks! You hurt him! You know how delicate he is." She screeched, grabbing Eddie by his arm. My slight feeling of comfort had immediately been replaced with the sharp stab of guilt. She was right. I might as well have broken his arm myself. I looked down, avoiding both their eyes. Mrs. K glared at me.

"W-w-w-we were attacked m-m-mrs.k...." Bill tried to reason with her.

"No." She turned towards me, fury in her eyes.

"And I thought you were better." She spat. I let my hair cover my face. I was filled with shame. "You can never see my boy again! All of you!" She said. She shoved Eddie into the car, and dropped her keys. Beverly bent down to help her.

"Let me help-""NO!" Mrs. K screeched, grabbing the keys for herself. She smiled viciously, and leaned close to Beverly. "I've heard of you, Ms. Marsh. And I don't want a dirty girl like you going near my boy." She sneered. I picked my head up quickly.

"B-but Mrs. K-""ENOUGH FROM YOU!" She screamed. I flinched.

     "Eddie is done with all of you." She spat.

We all watched sadly as Mrs. K, and, even worse, Eddie, drove away. I was starting to wonder if we'd ever see him again. My heart broke even more. I started choking on my own tears, crying violently. Bill turned around, looking at all of us.

     "I saw the well. W-w-we-we-we know where it is, and-and-and now next time we'll be better prepared." Bill said. I covered my face, my sobs turning into silent screams.

      "NO!" Stan yelled. "NO NEXT TIME, BILL! LOOK WHAT IT DID TO EDDIE! LOOK WHATIT DID TO HER!" He gestured to me. I fell to my knees, Beverly laying a hand on my shoulder. "YOURE INSANE!" Stan screamed.

      "Why....no one else is gonna do anything." Beverly said. She was right. This ruined me, but we needed to save the town.

    "EDDIE WAS NEARLY KILLED!" Richie said. He then pointed at Ben, who's stomach was bleeding madly. "AND LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER! HES LEAKING HAMBURGER HELPER!!" He screamed. He then turned to me. "AND...and....look at Amy, for gods sake."

    "We can't just wait until it goes away. Ben, you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years." Beverly said.

   "Fine. I'll be 40 and far away from here." Ben said. "I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too." He looked at Beverly.

     "Because I want to run towards something. Not away." Beverly said. Ben looked down.

      "I'm sorry, who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?!" Richie snapped. Beverly flipped him off.

    "Richie-" Stan started, Richie cutting him off.

    "I'm just saying let's face facts. Real world." He turned to bill. "Georgie is dead." He growled. I gasped, looking up from my hands. No fucking way did he actually say that. "I'm not trying to get us killed too." He started to walk away, but Bill blocked his path.

      "Georgie's not dead!" He said. Richie took a deep breath.

     "You couldn't save him....but you can still save yourself." Richie tried to walk past Bill, but he blocked him again.

     "You t-t-t-t-TAKE IT BACK!" Bill yelled. "You're scared, we all are, but TAKE IT BACK!" He shoved Richie. I stood up.

    "Stop." I whispered.

     Richie stumbled a bit, then stood back up, growled, and ran at Bill, pushing him also. I raised my voice a bit.

    "Stop!" I stepped forward.

    Bill straightened himself. Then yelled, punching Richie across the face. I ran in between them, and shoved Bill away.

    "STOP!!" My eyes were wide, and I looked at both of them. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Tears started to well in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall, a strong, stern expression still on my face. Beverly stepped forward.

    "This is what it wants. It wants to divide us!" She said. "We were all together when we heard it. That's why we're still alive!" She said. I nodded. She's right.

     "Yeah?!" Richie spat. "Well I plan to keep it that way." He walked over to his bike, and pedaled off. Stan followed him. Soon, everyone left. Except, yet again, Bill and I. We were both silent. We had to ride home together, since there was only one bike. That day, that time. Was the first time my heart had ever been completely broken. I let out a huge, shaky, tear-filled breath. Bill turned to me.

    "God, I'm so sorry, Amy." He walked towards me, and hugged me. Then, all in one minute, we both were holding each other, letting it all out. Crying, screaming, frowning, even smiling. Anything we needed. We had it right here. After collected ourselves, I agreed to drive the bike this time. We both got on the bike, Bill's face shoved into the back of my shirt, holding on as tight as he could, as if I would float away. I smiled softly.

    "Where to, captain?" I said softly. He sniffed.

    "Take me home."