Stay

When I came to, I was met with a huge stinging feeling from my arm. I whimpered weakly, and Bill's head snapped up from my arm, on which he was bandaging, and cleaning with acid.

    "A-a-Amy! Thank god....y-y-y-you passed out...." his face was full of genuine concern. Until he looked down, and his soft, careful expression contorted into deep, burning anger. "Wh-wh-what the hell happened....wh-wh-WHO WOULD DO THIS TO YOU?!" His hardened, anger-filled eyes met mine, which were filled with tears from remembering the horrifying event, and his expression softened, seeing how broken I looked.  "I-I-I-of you don't want to talk about it...it's....it's okay...." he looked me up and down, blushing a bit. "S-s-s-sorry you're still wearing bloody clothes, I-I-I-I didn't feel comfortable w-w-with...y'know..." undressing me. I smiled, feeling lucky to have someone so sweet in my life. I felt safe just by looking at my best friend since forever.

    "It's okay...thank you so much..." I winced as he continued to bandage my arm.

   "S-s-s-sorry!" His hand reached my other arm, squeezing my hand gently. After he finished bandaging my arm, he handed me a towel, and some of his clothes from the table next to us. "G-g-go shower...y-you're covered...I-I-in....." he shook his head, not wanting to finish the sentence. My heart filled with gratitude for him. I took the clothes and towel, and stood up.

    "Thank you...thank you so, so, so, so much..." I whispered, sniffling. He smiled, his soft, blue eyes sparkling.

       "A-a-Anything for you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       I walked into Bill's room, holding my dirty clothes. His clean clothes on me, making me feel warm all over. I cleared my throat awkwardly, catching the attention of the brunette boy sitting on his bed, doodling.

    "I...I should leave..." I said, feeling guilty about just walking into his house, scaring him. His eyes went wide.

     "N-n-no way!" He stood, and rushed over to me, gently grabbing my arm. "Stay. I want you to stay." He said, his eyes meeting mine. I couldn't say no. And I knew he meant it. I helped him set up a sleeping bag next to his bed, along with a pillow. I still couldn't get the thought of the clown out of my head, which caused me to space out, or randomly start crying while we were eating dinner. We were about to go to bed, when
Bill switched the light on.

"N-n-no." He said. I sat up, confused.

    "Wh-wh-what?" I got a bit nervous. Is he okay?

"Th-th-this isn't right. Stay here." He rushed out of the room, leaving me with my thoughts. What if he...what if he does what Beverly did? No, that wasn't Beverly...that was...that...what if it...what if it kills him...? No, no, that won't happen. God, Amy, you're so stupid.

        Bill ran in, holding the last things I thought he would be holding. A bag of popcorn, and Star Wars.

      "A-a-alright." He rushed around his room, grabbing pillows and setting them on his bed, turning in his TV.

   "Um, Bill....I don't want to sound rude, but...what the fuck are you doing." I laughed a bit, watching the Bizarre scene in front of me. He turned, a bright, genuine smile on his face.

     "Wh-Wh-what kind of sleepover doesn't have a movie?" He walked towards me, and picked me up, making me squeal. I didn't know he was that strong. He gently set me down on the bed, and put the movie into the  DVD holder, sitting next to me. Thoughts swirled through my head. Yet, for one time that whole night, the only thing I wasn't thinking about....was the clown. I was truly happy. For the first time that night. While the movie was on, I was barely watching. The whole time, I stared at Bill. What did I do to deserve him? I could never answer that. A slow smile crept onto my lips. I snuggled into his side, resting my head on his shoulder. His body heated up, his face turning red. I just smiled more.

As I lay on the floor next to Bill's bed, my eyes closing, one thought crossed my mind.

             When he asked me to stay, he really meant it.....he didn't stutter once.