Golden Days

This chapter is just chill and shit, so enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              I woke up the next morning with a huge smile on my face. I quickly checked the clock. 8:00. Shit! I thought. I still have 3 hours!! I sat on my bed and pouted, wondering what I should do. I stretched, and stood up. Getting my bathing suit on, and putting a light dress over it, smiling at myself in the mirror. Now what..... I thought for a minute, then smiled. I rushed downstairs to the kitchen, and yanked out a cookbook. I usually bake for the guys, and I thought it would be a good idea to welcome Ben and Beverly to the group by making them some cupcakes. I whipped up a batch of vanilla confetti cupcakes, and I still had an hour left. Perfect. I jumped onto my couch, pulling a blanket around me. An hour marathon of Friends. ((I FORGOT THIS WAS IN LIKE 1950 so uuuuuuuuhhh))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       I had never been more exited than I was while biking to Beverly's. I was humming some stupid song I heard on the radio, a ginormous smile on my face. When I reached her house, I hurriedly put my bike down, and skipped up to the door, knocking. The scariest man I had ever seen opened the door, and glared down at me.

   "Well, hello. And who might you be." His mouth twitched into a creepy smile, and I laughed nervously.

    "H-h-hello, sir...u-u-um...d-does Beverly Marsh live here?" I stuttered, sweating a bit. His smile only got scarier.

   "Ah, of course~ bevy~!!!" He turned, calling her up a staircase. The second he turned away, I let my mouth drop open in shock. Beverly lives with that?! God, she'd be better living with Richie!! She came running, and smiled when she saw me. I realized that she cut her hair, but it looked cute.

     "Amy!" She ran straight past her father, and hugged me. I hugged back without hesitation, smiling.

  "Hey, bev. Ready to go?" I shot a nervous glance at her father, who was staring at us darkly. She nodded quickly, slinging a bag over her shoulder.

    "More than anything." She wrapped an arm around me. We walked out, closing the door.

       "I love what you did with your hair. Badass." I ruffled her hair lightly. She smiled. Seeming relieved.
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         We pulled up to the lake, seeing all the boys staring down the huge cliff, clearly scared. Beverly and I shared a look, and waited for the perfect moment.

     "So. Who's going first?" Richie asked. All the boys started muttering "not me" and "nope.".  I smirked.

       "We will." I spoke up, Beverly and I taking off our cover-ups and running towards the edge of the cliff.

      "Sissies." Beverly snorted, and we both jumped off the cliff, into the cold water.

    "Holy shit!" We heard Richie exclaim from behind us. "We just got one-upped by a girl!" He screamed.

       "T-t-t-two...." Bill stuttered.

     "Welp. What are we waiting for." Eddie said, and jumped off the cliff, followed by the rest of the boys. By the time they got into the water, Beverly and I had both soaked ourselves, splashing each other and laughing. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me up, making me squeak.

       "F-f-f-f-FINISH HER!!!!!" Bill threw me backwards into the water, letting go of my waist. Richie "ooooooh"-ed, and Beverly laughed. I poked my head out of the water, spitting water at Bill, shooting him a scary look.

     "You're dead, Denbrough." I growled. And that's when the splashing war began. It started with me and Bill, and ended with everyone, until we completely went all out, and Beverly lifted me onto her shoulders, Bill picking up Richie, and we had a chicken fight, Ben and Eddie betting money on who would win, and Stan saying he'd bet his whole house on me. I ended up winning. Because I kicked Richie in the dick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         After about 3 hours, we were completely tired out, so we went back to the top of the cliff, and set up some towels. I took out the cupcakes, and everyone thanked me, complimenting my baking, leaving me basically glowing with pride. Beverly and I lied down, her on her back, and me on my stomach, reading. After about a minute of lying there, all the boys started staring at us, blushing. I mean, what could they do? They were boys, we were girls, not to mention half-naked girls. Ben brought a radio, so while we were lying down, Bust a Move was on, basically a very ironic song choice for the situation.

This here's a tail for all the fellas
Tryin; to do what those ladies tell us
Get shot down cause ya over-zealous
Play hard to get females get jealous
Okay smarty go to a party
Girls are scantily clad and showin; body
A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standing on the wall like you was Poindexter
Next days function high class luncheon
Food is served and you're stone-cold munchin'
Music comes on people start to dance
But then you ate so much you nearly split your pants
A girl starts walking guys start gawking
Sits down next to you and starts talking
Says she wants to dance cause she likes to groove
So come on fatso and just bust a move

     I felt them staring at me, so I slowly turned my head around. The second I started to turn around, they all immediately looked in a different direction, a couple of them coughing, and Richie grabbing Ben's backpack, looking through it.

      "Oooh~ what's thiiiisss~~?" Richie cooed, pulling out a love letter.

    "G-gimme that!" Ben grabbed it from him. I giggled. I knew who it was for. Ben seemed to pick up on my expression, his eyes pleading to mine. I winked, in a "your secret's safe with me" way. He smiled, relieved.

      "What's with all this Derry history shit?" Richie said. That sparked my interest, and I stood.

      "Ooh, lemme see!" I walked over to where bill was sitting, and sat next to him, our shoulders brushing against each other. My face went red, but I pretended not to notice, even though Bill was staring at me.

    "Don't forget about me!" Beverly rushed over, sitting next to Ben. His face erupted into a blush, and I laughed. Beverly looked confused.

    "W-well...since I really didn't have any friends here before you guys...I-i just wanted to learn about the history." Ben said, still flustered.

       "Nerd!" Richie whacked him in the head.

     "It's actually really interesting..." Ben  muttered.

    "I bet..." Beverly said. I stared over Richie's shoulder as he flipped through the research, my eyes widening. An explosion? A fire? Murders? Missing people? Jesus, Derry sucks...

       "600 people went missing 27 years ago?" Eddie muttered, taking a breath of his inhaler.

     "And that's only the adults. The kids are worse. Way, way worse." Ben said grimly. I shuddered. Bill wrapped his arm around my waist, warming me a bit. Even though most of the warmth went straight to my cheeks, which turned bright red.

       "Coool..." Richie said, the only one enjoying this. I shook my head.

    "I have more stuff at my place, if you wanna see..." Ben said, grabbing his backpack. We all shared a look, and smiled.

We'll stay drunk, we'll stay dead
Like the love we made
And I swear that I'll always fix you
Golden days.