forty nine

I have 69 followers, I'm at my peak in life. my immaturity is taking over.

We lay in silence; his head on my shoulder, my arm around his waist. The only thing that can be heard is the gentle sound of mine and Dan's breath, along with a gust of wind creeping through the slightly cracked open window, cool air smashing against warm skin. I shiver, pulling the duvet further over us.

Dan's hair is a mess, random curls falling down over his face. I turn slightly to push it up, no longer stuck to his forehead by a thin layer of sweat, there due to... previous activities. It was intimate, giving a feeling of utter closeness. I don't know how to explain it. I'm glad to have been able to share such a thing with Dan. I can't imagine it any other way.

"That was," Dan breathes out, sitting up a fraction more. 

"Fun," I interrupt, finishing his statement.

"Yeah, definitely fun." He agrees, settling his head back down into the crook of my neck, his breath tickling my skin.

"What's next in life?" I ask, so impatient to have more experiences with Dan. I want everything all at once. I suppose you could say I'm impatient. 

"I dunno, whatever we want. We can do anything." He says, but there's this essence of panic on his face.

"What's wrong, Danny?" I ask, trying to bring some sort of humour to this by using a nickname.

"I just- it's scary. We can do anything; or nothing, and- I don't know what I wanna do! What if we waste it by taking too long to decide?! Also, money's gonna run out eventually. We can't do this forever, you know. What about the future? What about-"

"Hey, sh, we're okay. There's a lot of money, so we're fine for as long as it takes us to figure it out. We can get jobs, work in fucking Tescos or something. We're okay. We can get a place I the future if we find a place we like. A shitty apartment, I dunno. But you've got me and I've got you."

"Yeah..." He says apprehensively.

"Fuck, Dan. What've I done? If- If I hadn't dragged you out here, you'd be fine. You could've finished school and got a proper job! I'll take you back if you wa-" I blabber, regretting everything. I made the decision to do this. He just went along with it. I fucked everything up.

"Phil! No! It's not like that. I love this, I love you! I just get anxious sometimes. This is the right thing to do, as long as you think so too." He assures, and I smile.

"Okay, right- I agree, yeah. This is the right thing to do." I say, only now realising that I've been grasping onto Dan's hand this whole time, his face contorted with discomfort. I'm strong; he's weak. I can't keep forgetting this shit. I murmur an apology, pulling away.

"Can we just cuddle now?" He pleads, yawning.