fifteen

I'm woken up by my alarm, which is odd, as I never have an alarm on at the weekend unless there's a rugby match, which there isn't today, as the big one is on Wednesday. I pick up the ringing object on my nightstand, with the intention of just turning off the accidentally activated alarm and then go back to sleep, but realising that it isn't my alarm. It's a call. A call from justin.

I answer it, huffing slightly. He's been acting weird recently, not in a bad way, but he's been a decent person, which he usually isn't. I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I'm not sure whether or not to trust it. 

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, a croak in the back of my throat, as I have just woken up. 

"Did I wake you up? Sorry, dude, I just-"

"Yeah, but it's fine. I was gonna oversleep anyway." I reassure, a genuine interest in what he's even calling about at this ungodly hour.

"O-Oh, well I was just- I wanted to explain. Basically, I don't feel like being a dick anymore. They guys and I are assholes, especially to Dan- I hate it, but I just kinda thought I had to, cause they're my best friends, and I don't wanna change that. But then-then I saw you and Dan, in the park, laughing and having fun. I realised that you're not being a dick, and everyone loves you!" He rambles, making hardly any sense, but I get it. 

"Oh, well, great- I don't really know what I'm supposed to say."

"I know you hate us. I see when you roll your eyes, and when you get mad, and how you fake your friendships. I don't blame you, though, I just wish we were friends, as in, you like me too."

"Oh... Right, well, er- I do like you, now. If you really mean you're not gonna be a dick, then sure, that's fine."

"So," He sighs, "you like Dan? Like, actually like, not fake friendship shit?" He asks intrusively.

"Yeah, I like him more than anyone, ever," I say, hoping not to hurt his feelings, but he probably knows already.

"I knew it! You should, uh, totally take him to the game on Wednesday. I know you're gay. It's about as obvious as the fact that you're the most attractive person in the school:  which was a mutual decision that was made between everyone, so you can't deny it."

"U-Uh, maybe I will. Maybe."

"Looking forward to it. I have to go, see you around?"

"Yeah, yeah, bye."

"Bye, Phil."