nineteen

Wednesday comes around a lot quicker than I expected, but fuck it. Dan is great, and I' a confident person. I still haven't asked him, obviously, so I kinda have to today, because I really want to. I lean up against the wall, spotting the short boy none other than Dan Howell walking to his locker. Now's my chance.

I walk over, and he turns around, shooting me a small smile, blushing. There's a surge of determination throughout me, and I wrap my arm around his shoulder, looking down at the boy. He looks confused, and his blush is even deeper.

"So, any chance of you coming to the game with me tonight?" I question, smirking at him.

His jaw drops, and I can tell that a few people around are the same. "I- uh, wh- I-"

"I'll take that as a yes," I say with a chuckle, to which he nods vigorously, smiling wide and pulling his hand over his mouth. "text me," I ass, passing a piece of paper I had prepared, with my number scrawled across it. "I'll be picking you up around 5, game starts at 6:40, ends at 8 or something, blah blah, sound good?"

"S-Sounds g-gre-great." He stutters out, my arm still resting on his shoulders, me looking down and him looking up. I quite like the height difference, if I'm honest. 

"I've gotta go, sweet cheeks," I say, ruffling his hair, and walking off.

There's a smile on my face that I'm completely certain could never be removed, even if I do have maths now, meaning I have to sit next to Pete while the teacher attempts to teach stupid kids equations. 

The moment I walk into the class, everyone's eyes linger across me. Being what people call 'the most popular boy in school' is bullshit. I don't even have that many 'friends', but I see girls swoon over me, and guys compliment me on how great I am at rugby, but 'no homo'. Nonetheless, I flash a few girls a smile, and they flutter their eyelashes at me, unaware that I'm gay, and especially gay for Dan Howell.

"Hey, Lesty, what's gotten into you? I haven't seen you smile like that since... Ever!" Pete asks, evidently confused. I would be too.

"Nothing," I say smugly.

"Tell me!" He demands with a laugh.

"I may have just asked someone to the game, no big deal," I say, and he gasps, shaking my arm out of joy. I'm only telling him so that I can see the look of horror on his face when he finds out who it is.

"Oh, thank god! You finally have a girl! He says, and I laugh a little. 

"I guess, in a way," 

"I was worried you were gay for a bit! Even if you were, I'd have been okay with it as long as you didn't quit rugby and start doing ballet or some shit. We need you on the time, big time."

I laugh again and start my work. Later will definitely be fun. I get to see his pissed little face.