twenty six

lol so I was busy at the weekend and that's why I didn't update for two days. wow here's this. I don't properly understand rugby, let's just pretend I do. 

I have a lack of interest when the whistle blows, signalling the start of the game, and suddenly everyone's moving, attempting to grab the ball or something like that. And then I spot Phil, but only for a second, because abruptly someone's being tackled to the ground. Everything moves too fast for me to comprehend, and even if I could see it, I still wouldn't understand it. A notice the boy with black hair, wearing blue, to represent his team, that can only be Phil, and he's got the ball, running across the pitch. There's lots of screaming, some cheers, some just Phil's name, and some boo's. I stay quiet, not wanting to somehow embarrass myself, and my eye catches on Phil being tackled to the ground, and I gasp, but he throws the ball across to another team member in blue and gets up easily.

The whole ordeal goes on for a while, each team earning a few points from one thing or another, Louise occasionally saying something to me. Then, Phil has the ball again, running past everyone attempting to bring him to the ground, and then something happens, and everyone supporting is standing up, applauding and cheering. I'm going to guess that he scored, but maybe I'm just stupid.

"He just got a try!" Louise says, and I give a questioning look; as if she's speaking another language. She might as well be.

"A what?"

"He scored a try. It means he touched-down the ball in the opponent's goal area. It's, like, the most valuable way to get points, you get 5 for it!" She attempts to explain, but all I understand is that he got points.

I just nod my head and look back at the pitch, but everyone's walking off. It must be halftime. All of the players are walking up the stairs and to the seats, and then Phil plops down between Louise and I; wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I look up at him, and he smiles.

"How'd you do?" I ask, wanting to talk about something that interests him; this obviously being one of them.

"We did good, baby, Really good." He says, and I blush at the pet name, making him chuckle. "I scored 8 points overall, and the team together got 18. The other team got 15, so we're beating them so far." He says contently, a smile spread wide across his face. This is clearly something he loves, and I love that he's happy.

"I'm so proud," I say, cupping his face and making him look me in the eyes, just smiling and staring up at the ocean blue of his irises.

"Thanks," He says with his usual confident persona. "so, how's everything going for you?" 

"Good, uh, Louise is kinda trying to explain how this works, but I'm not that smart." I say with an awkward laugh, scratching my head, and gesturing to Louise.

"Oh, well I'm glad to see you're getting along with someone!" He says cheerfully, chuckling gently, which makes me giggle, pulling at the sleeves of his jacket which I'm wearing.

"It looks cute on you, I might be convinced to let you keep it." He says, and I smile, leaning my head on his shoulder, and being engulfed into his side by a strong arm.

"I better get back out there for the second half, I'll see you after." He chirps, holding my hand and slowly letting go as he walks off. 

I'm pretty damn happy.