eighteen

"What do we have next?" Max asks, being the unorganised piece of shit he is.

"History," I answer blandly.

"Whoa, what's up with you? Need a little twat to let your anger out on? Y'know, there's Dan..."

"Fuck off, Taylor," I snap back, knowing that he gets pissed when people refer to him with his surname.

"Oh, using last names now, Lester?" He mocks, giving an unimpressed smile, and I roll my eyes.

"Guys, stop fucking bickering. We don't wanna fall out before the game." Pete, says, leaning with his arm resting on Max's shoulder. "What's gotten up your ass, Lesty?"

"Honestly, just shut the fuck up," I say, leading them to our lesson, fully aware that they have no sense of direction on their own.

"You're no fun anymore," Max pipes up.

"I've never been any fun, now let's just make up and get this over with,"

"Fine, sorry bitch," He says, extending a hand.

"Sorry, shithead," I respond shaking his hand.

I push open the classroom door, settling myself down next-to Justin, who I haven't spoken to since he called. Fortunately, Pete and Max have seated themselves about as far away from us as possible.

"Hey, uh-"

"Thanks," I cut him off, not knowing what else to say. He apologised and proved himself not to be a total asshole like the rest of the team. I have t thank him.

"Wha-?"

"You're not a shit person. Thanks," I state, and he smiles a bit, looking down at the desk. 

"When're you gonna ask Dan to the game?" He asks, and I can physically feel the burning in my cheeks of a rosy blush.

"I-I never said I would,"

"Yeah, but I know you want to, and I bet Dan wants to, so you might as well. If it goes wrong, who cares?"

My mind hovers over the thought, and it's tempting. I don't think it's something he'd properly enjoy though; he might not find it fun. That's it!

"I don't think he likes rugby."

"So? I don't think any of the people who are going to watch even like rugby! But it's still fun, cheering and supporting, and eating disgusting and overpriced food that's handed out." He explains, and I can't argue with that. He has good reasoning, plus, it would give me a shot with Dan.

"Okay, okay, maybe,"

"If it's only a maybe, then we need something to make this interesting," He says with a cheeky, overexaggerated wink.

"Oh, god," I  say under my breath, putting my head in my hands.

"You ask him, I owe you a tenner, you don't, you owe me. Sound fair?"

"I guess," I answer, knowing that he won't take no for an answer. Besides, if I don't, it's just £10, and if I do, I get Dan and £10.

"Also," He begins.

"Oh, not an also!"

"if you kiss, I owe you an extra £5, if you don't, you owe me. Just to make things even more interesting."

"Fuck you, but fine. How do you know I won't lie?"

"I'll ask Dan. I don't think it's physically possible for him to lie."

I pull my concentration away from the conversation, seeing a list of things on the whiteboard, and realising how little attention we've been paying to the actual lesson.

"Shit," I murmur.