forty five

There are some showers on the beach, so we take advantage of the situation; rubbing out the clumps of sand from our hair, getting clean, before walking back out; towels wrapped firmly around us both.

"Ice cream now?" Dan asks, in the same sort of way a child would, tugging at my arm, and I chuckle. Adorable.

"Sure," I respond, pulling him close with one arm, warming the clearly cold boy up. "What do you want?" I ask; us approaching the ice cream stand in almost no time.

"Just a normal ice cream with a flake," He decides, and I nod, speaking to the woman at the stand, and buying two.

(if u don't know, a flake is a chocolate thing, I dunno if they sell them outside of Britain. it's classically put on ice cream)

I hand one of them to him, and he starts to eat it, but there's a gush of salty air, and it smashes against his nose. I start to laugh hysterically, almost dropping my ice cream on the floor. Dan starts to laugh too, lifting his arm to wipe the mess off of his nose, but I stop him promptly.

"Let me-" I begin, but bursts out laughing again, "I'll just- let me get that," I say, moving closer and kissing his nose, licking away the remaining ice cream.

"Greedy," He mumbles with a giggle, and I give him an overly expressive wink, making him laugh more. I could never get sick of hearing that laugh.

"Should we get back to the car then? I kinda wanna just lie down and be a lazy piece of shit." I request, and he nods his head, going back to trying to eat the ice cream, this time succeeding.

I hold his hand, which is practically half the size of mine, as he skips joyfully, and I admire him contently. The light tap sound as his feet clap down against the concrete, his curls bouncing and out of control. How his face is bright; vivid smile across his freckled face, dimples standing out more than ever. I can tell he's happy, and it makes me happy.

HIs whole body is like a constellation, the light brown freckles forming patterns across his slightly tanned skin. He's like a sculpture; skinny, but not too much so. Tiny features, from his ears to his toes, literally. A thick layer of lashes fluttering whenever I compliment him, accompanied by that little layer of red that flushes his cheeks. He has thick, pretty thighs, and chubby cheeks; slightly wide hips for a guy, and the softest of lips.

I'm so distracted by him, I don't even notice that we've reached the car until he's tugging my hand, waving his in front of my face. 

"Sorry, just got a little distracted." I apologise, smiling at him as I unlock the car door and he clambers into the back, where the blankets are laid out, throwing off his towel and starting to change into some warm clothes.

"With what?" He asks as I join him, getting dressed, too.

"You," I confess, and at that moment, my eyes wander across his v-line as he slides down his swim trunks, and I realise what I'm doing, snapping my head away.

"I get distracted by you too." He says with a giggle.

He pulls on jeans and a t-shirt, so I toss him one of my oversized jumpers, and he pulls it over his head. It swamps his body, reaching past his knees. After I get dressed, I pull him onto my lap wordlessly, resting my head atop of his.