twenty nine

The game is over, and we wall walk out of the room, Dan seeming especially tipsy. He leans on my side; in a fit of giggles, eyes fluttering. He doesn't seem like he's very experienced with alcohol, let's say.

"You have had alcohol before, right baby?" I ask anxiously, him grabbing my arm and me looking down at him.

"N' what -f I say no," He slurs, still giggling a little.

"Oh, babe, you know you didn't have to! You should've told me." I say tentatively, 

"But I wanted to. This 's fun!" He confirms, resting his forehead on my shoulder.

"Okay, well, howa'bout we leave? I'll take you home." I say, not really wanting to leave him, but definitely wanting to leave this place.

"Nah, I wanna leave here, but can't we st-ay together n' do something?" He asks, clearly making an effort to string out a coherent sentence.

"Sure, okay, we can go," I assure, clasping his hand with mine, and walking down the stairs with extra caution.

Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, Max approaches us, and I roll my eyes, but in that short moment, Dan is pushed away from me. I look towards the boy, who has his hands held firmly on Dan's small figure, looking like he's twice the size of him; because he probably almost is. Dan starts to babble something, wriggling around and trying to get away. 

I push Max away, trying not to hurt Dan in the process, and then, with no thoughts, start to hit Max with all of the force I can muster up, though it's sloppy. My fist hurts slightly as I crack it against his jaw, but in this moment, I give zero shits. After Max is heavily distracted, I grab Dan by the waist, dragging him through the crowd of people who watched what just went down, walking out of the house. 

"Where d'you wanna go, then?" He asks, and I think for a moment, getting a perfect idea. 

"You'll see," I state, pulling him along as we take the brief walk back to the 'stadium', where the car is parked outside. We reach the jeep after a few minutes, both getting in either side.

yo yo yo, don't fucking drink and drive. Philly is a dumb fuckin teenager in this so he is about to, but even if you think it'll be fine, don't fuckin do it. even if ur a dumb teenager too, don't do it. this is a story and I don't want it to influence anyone. don't do it to look cool. don't do it cause you need to get somewhere. don't do it cause you think you're not too drunk. DO. NOT. DRINK. AND. DRIVE. lol rant over. 

"Dan, seatbelt." I remind him, and then I start the engine, feeling a bit hazy, but it'll be fine. We're only going on a few minutes drive. 

"So, uh, where're we going?" He asks, tapping his feet and bobbing his knees. Cute, I think to myself.

"I'm not," Dan states, and I realise that I must've not kept my thoughts inside my head. "I don't get why you keep saying it."

"You're fucking adorable, shut up."

"Not until you tell me where you're taking me." He protests, but I just stop the car.

"We're here."

We get out of the car, Dan more clumsily than me, and I look out at the place. I haven't been in a while. It's a ledge that looks down over the view of a large lake, and the moon gently lights it up, a reflection of itself and the stars in the water.

"Isn't it pretty?"

"Maybe it would be if I weren't so short and could see more of it!" He exclaims; and I snort a laugh, a half-mad expression on his face.

"Okay, okay," I laugh, having an idea. "just sit on the roof of the car, then you'll be higher up."

"You expect me to get up there?" He asks rhetorically, showing the height difference between him and the car, and how definitely impossible it is.

I start laughing again, and the boy crosses his arms, which only makes him cuter. I walk closer, picking him up bridal style with ease, as he's small and lightweight. His face turns to one of shock, and then he buries his head in my neck. I manage to get him up on the roof of the car, following shortly after.