~Chapter 1~Solitude~

~Elizabeth's Pov~ 

I had woken up to my normal daily routine. I walked to the mirror to see my long, silver hair that reached down to my waist. The bangs completely cover my right eye but left my left eye uncovered. They would say people had light in their eyes. I was unable to see that in my sky blue eyes. On my left ear, I could see my blue earring with the symbol of the royal family of Liones shine from the light coming from the window. I turned my head to see the bared up window in my room of this tower. 

I had been in this place for as long as I could remember. I had no memories of ever being outside of my prison. From what insults I would get from the knights that checked on me and delivered my food once a month....It was easy to tell that once I wasn't locked up in this place. I couldn't remember a thing from that time. The reason I was locked in here by my own family was to protect everyone. I was nothing but a monster that brought suffering. I was a monster that some reason was not killed on spot but yet locked away.

The reason must've been that I am the King's youngest daughter. My own father telling me that I had to live my life in solitude. That I couldn't ever leave this place. This place was falling apart. It was an old castle in the territory of Liones. Most of the place had been destroyed but the tower I lived inside and the old throne room. The throne room looked as if it was soon to be next to collapse. I took a deep breath and changed into my black, skintight jumpsuit. With this, I had attachable skintight sleeves that went onto my forearms to my wrist. 

With this outfit, I had long black boots that went to my thighs. I soon began the normal hour or so of cleaning around the tower before heading to the throne room. Once inside I was looking around. I had never changed anything in the room. I enjoyed the fact this place had memories and history. I enjoyed looking around and wondering what all that was. As I walked around the room I was able to hear horses outside. Had it been a month already? I kept still as the doors opened. "The monster bitch is here huh?" I heard an unknown voice.

Normally it was the same two soldiers that came to bring the food. "Newbie be quiet" the normal harsh deep voice I knew snapped loudly. I didn't turn around to face them. I heard the drop the normal giant crate of food. Then walking toward me. That wasn't normal. "I say we beat this monster bitch and remind her that she can't leave" the new voice spoke. I just stood there, quiet. It was normal nature of most living things. To fight when scared. Only some were able to hold back on that. 

"Soldier you will stand down. We already have orders to chain her inside the tower as it is" a female voice snapped harshly as her words made me turn around to see three knights of Liones. The normal female and older male standing there looking at me with nothing but pity. The young male knight who was with them was looking at me with pure hate, rage and bloodlust. He wanted me dead. Nothing was new. "Princess Elizabeth you are to be locked and chained inside the tower for a while. There is a threat to the Kingdom and your father wants you safe" the older male spoke.

I only looked at the ground. I couldn't remember the last time I smiled or had any emotion on my face. "Do you understand, Princess?" the female knight asked as I nodded. I kept quiet. I personally had given up on wanting a life. I had given up on running away. I only brought suffering and destruction to everyone else around me. "Why call this monster Princess? She is nothing but some creature that shouldn't be alive!" the young knight nearly shouted as I felt a stinging pain in my right cheek as I was sent flying to the ground.

"ALIONI SHE IS STILL THE THIRD PRINCESS OF LIONES HOW DARE YOU STRIKE HER!" the female voice shouted in rage as I soon heard the young knight begging for forgiveness. I was used to this. Young knights would normally come here to hit me and say I was only useful to men in beds. None ever had the guts to really rape me because that was the only time I would fight back. I sat up not even showing a reaction from the hit. "My Princess" the older male voice spoke as I looked up to see him offering his hand.

He was the only knight to come here without calling me a monster, without harming me or insulting me. Sometimes the female knight would throw insults but she did nothing more than that. I didn't take his hand as I stood up by myself. I turned my head to see the young male now had a black eye the female knight threatening him to stay in line. I only walked ahead back to the tower the older male knight following. The only time I had any contact with people was when they had to deliver food anymore. 

The younger knights who used to hit me were gone. Most likely punished for coming near this place. I knew from the older knight that it was forbidden for anyone to come here without permission from the King. I never talked to anyone or interacted when they came to deliver the food. It was a long quiet walk back to the top of the tower. I normally would sleep most of the day and week. I never had anything else to do. "Princess" the elder knight spoke as I sat on my bed seeing the old chains on the wall they used to strap me in.

Back when I used to run away. I only had a small part of memories about back then. Something back then pushed me to escape. It told me that I had to get to someone. That was all I could remember now. The chains were long enough to walk around my room. The knight with me soon was attaching the chain to my right wrist. "Princess. I don't believe you are a monster" the elder knight whispered as I looked at him. Inside I was shocked but I was unable to show any emotion on my face.

"I had been ordered to watch over you for many long years. I have seen you help animals and people in need. I used to remember when you were a child, you were such a sweet girl who still even know doesn't know a thing" the knight spoke not looking right at my face. His eyes on the chain, making sure it wasn't too tight. A smile creeping onto his face. Once finished he looked at me. "One day, I hope we all will find the truth about you Princess" he whispered as a second later the other two knights had brought the crate up to my room.

They had placed it next to the doorway before saying it was time to go. They all left without saying a word. I sat there on the bed looking toward the chain. "I belong in solitude" I whispered remembering the words of my father saying that I truly did belong here alone. That I truly was meant to always live in solitude.